Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Overdue Visit to Chicago

Aerol

A-List Customer
I dropped in to Optimo today. There were easily 100 hats on display, all available for immediate purchase.

As far as having a cigar goes... really, a cigar in a retail store? Not here, and not this century.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
I dropped in to Optimo today. There were easily 100 hats on display, all available for immediate purchase.

As far as having a cigar goes... really, a cigar in a retail store? Not here, and not this century.

Yes indeed. The shop on Jackson is sweet indeed. Great selection of each style in one-size each on display and for sale. I love Graham's shop and how he rejuvenated (and largely owns) the bespoke hat biz in Chi-town. I just hoped there would be a vibe in Chicago when it came to hats. But then again, there was none 20 years ago either. As you say, not here, not in this century. Hoped to see something come alive. Ah, the dreams.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I live in Fort Worth Texas area and it surprises me how little of Traditional Texas is left here. I am a hat wearer every day and most days in my travels about I would not see another western hat if I didn't look on my wall. I'm sure this is the same phenomena that has been going on for centuries. I know some of my great aunts and great uncles would talk 30-40 years back that they missed when people would get out and talk and not use those danged phones in their homes. And people stay up to all hours and sleep till 7 or 8 am when they used to go to bed. Those danged electric lights spoiled society.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
@suitedcboy, I hear you. When I think of Fort Worth, I think of LBJ's classic Open Road. I actually have one of his hats in my collection, but have not been back there for many years. You would think Fort Worth is another great place for hats. Texas rocks!

Curiously, my oldest son attends UT Austin--not a western or fedora hat powerhouse by any means, but nonetheless a place that digs and sports many a nice brim. Of all and sundry varieties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo