Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longmire cowboy hat

regina risner

New in Town
If you haven't seen Longmire, you need to. It places 2nd next to my beloved Lonesome Dove.
Here is my question for you: I just fell in love with his hat. Unfortunately I can not afford. It is custom made by O'Farrell Hat Company out of Santa Fe, NM. It is a RCA #30.
Walt’s actual hat is our beaver blend which is about @70 beaver and costs $725. . A Rabbit felt is $575 and Pure Beaver is $1000. Beaver felts cost more but they are made for the rain and snow and made to last.
It is described as: : Classic western style with a 4 ¼” crease height and 4” brim as seen on the show “Longmire.” Shown here in chocolate premium beaver felt with a horse hair hatband sold separately. So, I know it has a C crown and is not a tall hat. I love the upturn on the brims, while it slants down on both sides of the hat, And notice it looks like a squared off front brim
I have looked at over 1,000 hats
Could anyone out there tell me exactly what to look for that is much cheaper?

If you haven't seen Longmire, you need to. It places 2nd next to my beloved Lonesome Dove.
Here is my question for you: I just fell in love with his hat. Unfortunately I can not afford. It is custom made by O'Farrell Hat Company out of Santa Fe, NM. It is a RCA #30.
Walt’s actual hat is our beaver blend which is about @70 beaver and costs $725. . A Rabbit felt is $575 and Pure Beaver is $1000. Beaver felts cost more but they are made for the rain and snow and made to last.
It is described as: : Classic western style with a 4 ¼” crease height and 4” brim as seen on the show “Longmire.” Shown here in chocolate premium beaver felt with a horse hair hatband sold separately. So, I know it has a C crown and is not a tall hat. I love the upturn on the brims, while it slants down on both sides of the hat, And notice it looks like a squared off front brim

Acererak

One of the Regulars

In the books he mentions wearing a Resistol, if I’m not mistaken, though they probably went with what looks best on the actor for the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

regina risner

New in Town
In the books he mentions wearing a Resistol, if I’m not mistaken, though they probably went with what looks best on the actor for the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes, that is what he did. They filmed in New Mexico so I guess he picked O'Farrels

Boy no kidding, but they sure have that shape i like on the front brim and I like the upturn

That shape you refer to is a shovel front. If you know the dimensions of the hat you want, you can probably find a Resistol on the bay at a reasonable price and with some steam, distilled water and patience, create a reasonable facsimile of Longmire's hat.

THAT price left me speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Way too much hat bling but if they're making them somebody's buying them. I have their entry level hat, the bar 50, that they call their "working cowboy" hat. It's $500 and comes with a sterling buckle set. Don't even care for that but it would just go into my parts box if I removed it.

Way too much hat bling but if they're making them somebody's buying them. I have their entry level hat, the bar 50, that they call their "working cowboy" hat. It's $500 and comes with a sterling buckle set. Don't even care for that but it would just go into my parts box if I removed it.
Well..........at that price they need just ONE customer....:rolleyes:
M;)
Ps.....YOUR hat seems much more reasonable.......is it a good hat for the money?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I have a a couple of 100% beaver Dorer hats. I think they use Fespa bodies. The felt is not like any Winchester body beaver I have handled. The sweatband has a hand laced rawhide (maybe it' s leather) string seam which is a nice touch. I have some 100% beaver Bailey westerns that are just as durable and have felt that seems the same.
I have sent a few emails to Dorer over a few months but never got an answer. I am not sure they are still in business. Nothing is new on that website in a long time.
I have had Mike make me 2 wide brimmed western 100% beaver and I am most satisfied with his hats. I have an O'Farrell 100% beaver and Mike's hat is its equal or better.

regina risner

New in Town
That shape you refer to is a shovel front. If you know the dimensions of the hat you want, you can probably find a Resistol on the bay at a reasonable price and with some steam, distilled water and patience, create a reasonable facsimile of Longmire's hat.
oh, thanks so much for the info

regina risner

New in Town
oh, thanks so much for the info. Not being a cowboy hat Connoisseur, I know virtually nothing about the hats. You have given me a good deal of knowledge. Again, thank you. Regina

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
Did this the other day. s-l1600.jpg

DanK76

New in Town
Knudsen Hat does all TV and film hats. I was quoted $350 for the Longmire hat. Little to rich for my blood, but it is quality!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk