Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a 1960s Trilby Size 7 3/8 Similar to James Bond Dr.No Hat

James Matchett

New in Town
Hi there,

A bit of an odd request, but I am currently looking for a trilby size 7 3/8 (approx 59 cm), preferably 1950s-60s vintage (a newer version that looks similar will also be acceptable), similar to the one worn by Sean Connery in the early James Bond movies. I'd prefer the colour to be dark brown, but I am also looking for grey and black as well. Any other colour than that still message me if it looks similar even though ideally it would be dark brown. Hat must be in good condition. I am also looking for the side edges to be curled up as seen in the first image, and not flat. I'd also like a thin ribbon band if possible and a taller crown as seen below as well as a pinched front. The original hat was apparently made by Lock & Co., London, and is most similar to their "Sundown Model" but that hat is quite expensive so I'd rather just source a similar looking hat from the era. I am in Canada so would prefer a hat shipped from Canada or the USA, but if you are from another place message me with how much you think it may cost to ship and we'll talk from there. Again dark brown preferred, but if you have other colours let me know, and if it doesn't match my list entirely but looks similar still message me anyway. I know this is an usual request but I like the way the hat looks and can't seem to find any that look like it on eBay for my size so thought I'd put one out here. Thanks very much.

Lock-Trilby.jpg

Lock-Trilby-2.jpg

frwl7-main1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB