Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a "buy it for life" A2

CBI

One Too Many
it is true that if you like dark seal hide for an A-2, some of your options are limited. The only Eastman that offers that color is their 50.cal A-2.

Edward

Bartender
Having owned both Aero and Eastman, both bought used, I found both to be great, though once I picked up the Aero I found I wore it to the exclusion of the Eastman. My Eastman is a midweight horse, while the Aero is seal goat. If I were to buy another A2 again in future, I'd be looking at an Aero goat. At a time ELC and Aero were neck and neck price wise, but the former were considered more historically correct. Since Ken returned to Aero in 2012, however, a lot of revamping was done, and the patterns Aero are now using (especially - obviously - for the 'Aero' contracts) are as on the button as anyone. ELC are not a brand I would consider these days myself for the simple reason that they have priced themselves out of my market, though if you're considering paying the price of a Japanese label, that might bother you less.

Definitely worth checking out fit of the various contract patterns first, see what works best. The one word of warning I have about the Japanese makers is that they do seem sometimes to slim down the original patterns for a domestic market which wants a neater fit (and typically features a lot of men who might be somewhat slighter than the average Western build). This doesn't compromise quality, but if you're looking for slavish-to-the-original accuracy, that's not necessarily what they offer.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
That GW Werber went back on the block.

s-l1600.jpg

Dimensions-
Pit-Pit 23"
Shoulder-Shoulder 18.5"
Collar-Base 26.5"
Shoulder-Sleeve 24"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodwear-W...020965?hash=item3431d01965:g:EK0AAOSwn0xfbwIL

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Learned something about labels and attention to detail in the A-2 market.
GW Werber has a Newburgh N.Y. label and clean stitching around collar and hanger:
collar.jpg

belopsky

One of the Regulars
It is a 42. I was between this and a 44 but I think the 44 would have been too long in the body, this feels like a great fit :)

This is dangerous because now I am looking at a G-1 or a B-6.

AIRCRAFTMECH

New in Town
It is a 42. I was between this and a 44 but I think the 44 would have been too long in the body, this feels like a great fit :)

This is dangerous because now I am looking at a G-1 or a B-6.
Good call on the 42, I bought a 44, 3 years later, I bought a 42, I’m hoping it fits a little tighter, the 44 bunched up around my chest, which is a 42. A-2’s aren’t forgiving if too big! Looks great. I’ll post mine when it shows up on the big brown truck Monday. My Perry mixes hide B-2 should be here by then too, YES, this IS a dangerous game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk