Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For a Formal Fedora

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received my black Fed IV in the Heritage felt last week (under the tree) and am absolutely in love with it. Right out of the box it was very stiff, but it took a diamond bash quickly and is softening up nicely. It's also caused me to rediscover a couple of old tweed jackets I'd stashed in the furthest recesses of my cedar walk-in closet: one is an old red-and-black houndstooth that looks, as some of you might say (and IMHO), really smashing with the hat, jeans, black sweater and boots. I'm surprised how many different combos I'm coming up with for this hat.
I agree, though, with Seb's really funny comments about the dangers of the black fedora, but with a little imagination you should be able to avoid the Exorcist look.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Homburg, black would be my choice for a formal look, satin bound upturned brim. No pinch no feather. A black fedora would be a nice look, sporty, but not as formal.
Stetson and Biltmore make a solid reasonably priced fur felt homburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy