Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for a new jacket

floatinjoe

Familiar Face
Yesterday, I somehow managed to lose my jacket when I was flying from CT to Seattle. I have no idea as to how I managed to do it, or where/when it happened. Needless to say, I need to replace it. This is kinda a good thing since I wasn't entirely happy with it.

I am looking for a simple cotton jacket, almost a windbreaker. The features I want are: hemmed sleeves, hemmed waist and a high waist. I am looking for something along the lines of an "Ike jacket" or an A-1 for the cut of the jacket.

I've been able to find many khaki jackets with the hemmed waist and sleeves, but not any with a high waist line.

Any leads that anyone has to help me find this jacket will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

floatinjoe

Familiar Face
Sorry about that... perhaps I should have said non-banded. When looking at clothes I have found that they either have hemmed sleeves or banded sleeves. The banded sleeves contain elastics to keep it snug against the body. I want the jacket to drape naturally at the waist and I don't want elastic cuffs.

Mike

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Like this?

mariachi2.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
...bit by a Dog with a Rabbid Tooth.

Doesn't the Duluth jacket have a knit waistband?-It's not very '20s-looking and nothing like an A-1. The Aero is a noice jacket but way overpriced for the American market I think. You might try a repro M-41 Field jacket? Easy and cheap and vintage style too.
B
T

floatinjoe

Familiar Face
I think you're right, it does appear to have an elastic on the waist. Here is a good example of what I want. Dickies Unlined Eisenhower Jackets

This is good except it only comes in blue, charcoal, and black; it has a pencil pocket on the sleeve and it has a red Dickies logo on the chest. However the cut and length of the jacket are perfect.

I have considered the Cotton Wested, but it's a little to long for my taste.

Mike

Zach R.

Practically Family
I have one of these jackets that I picked up on sale for 30 bucks(Regular $75).

HTML:
http://www.columbia.com/products/pr_detail.cfm?product_id=3614&row=1

I don't think its exactly the style or cut that you were looking for, but it is 100% Cotton, and it does have a relatively high waist and hemmed sleeves. The only drawback is that it has a "drawcord" waist.

IMO a pretty decent and rugged jacket for Spring/Fall weather, especially if you can get it on sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats