Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for an affordable Wide Flat brim

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
I may have misquoted him ... I think it was more like he bases his respect of posters on their join date ... still equally as stupid
just so I'm clear, when you say equally stupid - do you mean that Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin are equally stupid because neither of those fools are members here...yet?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hi folks. Sorry, I was at work then I had my 6 year old. Sorry for the multiple posts but after I created the thread I was unable to find the option to delete it for some reason. The first post, I was told, I might be in the wrong section. So then I posted it in the ask a question section. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm still having a really hard time finding a hat that truly matches the one in the picture. Probably something and I the high-end handmade store and not something online is my guess.

You guys might want to be more patient with your new members. For example, I don't know what palm leaf is. Is that a style of hat or just the material? Also I didn't know I needed to thank everyone within hours of their reply. I've never owned anything other than a ball cap, but I think I'll look elsewhere for tips and a less clicky vibe.
I can probably find you that hat. It will be more than merely $50.00 but it will look close enough to that hat you would not tell the difference. What size hat do you wear? If it does not fit, no sense in buying a hat, right? So tell me a size and let me see what I can do. Expect it to cost you about $90.00 plus shipping. I have to get it made for you. This is the best I can do, as I have a friend that makes that type of hat, an Amish friend. Thanks.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hi Mike.

I'm relatively new here too. I have to say, I have found the people here to be patient, friendly, generous, passionate and informative.

We are spread all over the world (I'm in Australia) and like you we've got work and family commitments. Members respond to posts/questions as and when they can.

I don't want to speak for others, but perhaps people were a bit put off by what seemed to be the impatience of you posting the one question on 3 different threads. I suggest posting once and then sitting back and waiting for replies. It can be very hard to follow and contribute to a conversation if that conversation is not contained to a single thread.

Please don't be put off. I have made a number of forum etiquette mistakes along the way. I don't think anyone is going to hold it against you.

Welcome to the Lounge and good luck with your search for the illusive straw/hemp hat.

Geez...you will spoil all the fun! Now we have to put back all the torches and pitchforks! hahah! Weeee! Hahaha!

OP -- Bailey made a bunch of palm leaf & hemp hats under their U-Roll It line a few yrs ago. Most had taller square fedora crowns & brim widths varied out to 3". You might want to watch Etsy & EBay by searching Bailey U-Roll It. I don't believe the line is made any longer. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart