Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loosened ties...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
A buttoned shirt should be comfortable, and a tie shouldn't add any tightness anyway, I think.
Correct! Many of the fellows who've eschewed tailored clothing, sighting comfort as the reason, had probably been wearing ill fitting clothing. A well fitted suit of clothes should feel like pajamas.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
A fair point re "designer stubble" (the 80s were evil!) etc....

Come now my good man, I thought the 80s were rather fun. Of course, I was only 11 when they started and 20 when they finished! lol So I didn't really know better when I saw some of those fashions the first time around . . . :)

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Correct! Many of the fellows who've eschewed tailored clothing, sighting comfort as the reason, had probably been wearing ill fitting clothing. A well fitted suit of clothes should feel like pajamas.

I tend to be physically sensitive, and if I were to wear a collar big enough to be completely comfortable, it would be way too big, have gaps, look funny and the collor would fold over, the tips would spread and would look awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred