Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Beck/Leathertogs Pics, Anyone?

Antony Wood

New in Town
Hello all,

I am considering ordering a LW 'Leathertogs' and was wondering if anyone has one and would like to share some pics, especially 'fit pics' and/or measurements.

Thanks in advance!!!

Antony

Logician

One of the Regulars
Hello all,

I am considering ordering a LW 'Leathertogs' and was wondering if anyone has one and would like to share some pics, especially 'fit pics' and/or measurements.

Thanks in advance!!!

Antony
I am also considering ordering a Lost Worlds Beck/Leathertogs Motorcycle Jacket in the next few months. I already have a (brand new) black Test (42R) and three Suburbans --- a black (42R), a russet brown with a sheepskin lining (42R), and a close-fitting green (40R) that I bought second hand.

Now I’m pretty sure I should order a 42R, but it would be great if someone could provide me with feedback on the cut and feel of the jacket. I am also considering putting Nos C&C (Crown) zippers instead of Talon. Any thoughts about that? I'm leaning towards the Russet Brown, but I haven’t decided yet.

Thanks for your help.
Good luck Antony!

Claude

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I am also considering ordering a Lost Worlds Beck/Leathertogs Motorcycle Jacket in the next few months. I already have a (brand new) black Test (42R) and three Suburbans --- a black (42R), a russet brown with a sheepskin lining (42R), and a close-fitting green (40R) that I bought second hand.

Now I’m pretty sure I should order a 42R, but it would be great if someone could provide me with feedback on the cut and feel of the jacket. I am also considering putting Nos C&C (Crown) zippers instead of Talon. Any thoughts about that? I'm leaning towards the Russet Brown, but I haven’t decided yet.

Thanks for your help.
Good luck Antony!

Claude
It is very tightly cut. I own a size 46 and it fits closer to a 42 around the waist. I would suggest you contact Stuart about the sizing around the waist unless you are V shaped. I love the jacket but would have to loose some serious weight to wear it zipped. I will put up some photos later this weekend.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
IMG_2236 (1).jpg

For some reason the Photos can't be adjusted to be going the correct way.

Measurements are Pit to Pit 22" Waist 20" Shoulder to shoulder 19" Collar to Bottom 23" This is a short Jacket. I am 5' 8" 195 lbs so you have an idea. Sorry about the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_2237 (1).jpg
    IMG_2237 (1).jpg
    116 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Thanks for your help.
Good luck Antony!

Claude

Hi, I'm currently looking at the Suburban, thought I was a size 42, now I'm having last second second-thoughts that a 40 may fit me better. Could you tell me the pit to pit measurement of the size 40? Also, I'm very curious, is the green one the dark green moose hide? You rarely see jackets in that hide..

As for your question, I believe the Suburban is one of LWs more generously sized styles, wider in body than most, so I would expect a size 42 Becks Leathertogs to fit tighter in the body than your 42 Suburban..

Mysteryo

One Too Many
View attachment 103316

Measurements are Pit to Pit 22" Waist 20" Shoulder to shoulder 19" Collar to Bottom 23" This is a short Jacket. I am 5' 8" 195 lbs so you have an idea. Sorry about the photos.

Wow, Wilbur! I always wanted to see fit picts of it, and you wear it damn well!
I nearly pulled the trigger on this model, but instead I went for LW's Buco PJ27. Would you say it's the same patern/fit as your LW's Buco? Is it a size 42 you're wearing?
I always wanted to see fit picts of it, and you wear it damn well!

Logician

One of the Regulars
Hi, I'm currently looking at the Suburban, thought I was a size 42, now I'm having last second second-thoughts that a 40 may fit me better. Could you tell me the pit to pit measurement of the size 40? Also, I'm very curious, is the green one the dark green moose hide? You rarely see jackets in that hide..

As for your question, I believe the Suburban is one of LWs more generously sized styles, wider in body than most, so I would expect a size 42 Becks Leathertogs to fit tighter in the body than your 42 Suburban..
Hi,
Thanks for the information. The green LW Suburban is FQHH (4oz). It is a 40R. Very heavy. Very stiff. Very LW. An armor. That's what I like about LW. It is/was a custom order only. It is almost new. The previous owner wore it only a couple of times. Myself, I wore it once or twice. Since it is a close fit jacket, I only wear a t-shirt with it or a light shirt. I've uploaded a few pics. I've thought about selling it a million times, but I really like the green leather a lot. Not even sure if Stuart makes green FQHH Suburban anymore.
Now, I'm thinking about getting a LW Leathertogs or a Himel's Chevalier. Indeed, ever since I saw the pics from Mysteryo last week I've been obsessed with the dark brown Chevalier. Even contacted David. But getting the 'perfect' sizing --- if there is such a thing --- is complicated. It might be simpler to get a LW leathertogs since I already own a few of their jackets. I have a narrow waist (30-31 inches), so a tighter fit should not be a problem. Or perhaps it is? I usually wear a 42R. In any event, I would really appreciate if Mysteryo could share some of his thoughts on the subject: exactly how did he proceed with sizing for the Chevalier and how does a 42R Suburban or Test compares with Himel's sizing for the Chevalier. I believe Mysteryo already had another Himel before ordering the Chevalier, hence it might have been easier for him (he also owns a LW jacket). In my case, it would be my first Himel. After all, we're talking about a jacket worth more than 3 grand (Canadian) and I really can't afford to make a mistake.

Attachments

• 2263el5_20.jpg
    2263el5_20.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 50352h_20.jpg
    50352h_20.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 329
Hi,
Thanks for the information. The green LW Suburban is FQHH (4oz). It is a 40R. Very heavy. Very stiff. Very LW. An armor. That's what I like about LW. It is/was a custom order only. It is almost new. The previous owner wore it only a couple of times. Myself, I wore it once or twice. Since it is a close fit jacket, I only wear a t-shirt with it or a light shirt. I've uploaded a few pics. I've thought about selling it a million times, but I really like the green leather a lot. Not even sure if Stuart makes green FQHH Suburban anymore.
Now, I'm thinking about getting a LW Leathertogs or a Himel's Chevalier. Indeed, ever since I saw the pics from Mysteryo last week I've been obsessed with the dark brown Chevalier. Even contacted David. But getting the 'perfect' sizing --- if there is such a thing --- is complicated. It might be simpler to get a LW leathertogs since I already own a few of their jackets. I have a narrow waist (30-31 inches), so a tighter fit should not be a problem. Or perhaps it is? I usually wear a 42R. In any event, I would really appreciate if Mysteryo could share some of his thoughts on the subject: exactly how did he proceed with sizing for the Chevalier and how does a 42R Suburban or Test compares with Himel's sizing for the Chevalier. I believe Mysteryo already had another Himel before ordering the Chevalier, hence it might have been easier for him (he also owns a LW jacket). In my case, it would be my first Himel. After all, we're talking about a jacket worth more than 3 grand (Canadian) and I really can't afford to make a mistake.
Man with that green LW I can't help but think anything that follows will disappoint. That is insanely, off the charts cool.

Logician

One of the Regulars
View attachment 103316

Thanks for the pics. Very nice jacket indeed! This one is definitely for riding.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I cannot even decide whether I like the russet or the green Suburaban better... you got yourself a exceptionally nice bunch of jackets there! I can only second @handymike ; if you ever decide to sell one of these, don't hesitate to drop me a message!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Wow, Wilbur! I always wanted to see fit picts of it, and you wear it damn well!
I nearly pulled the trigger on this model, but instead I went for LW's Buco PJ27. Would you say it's the same patern/fit as your LW's Buco? Is it a size 42 you're wearing?
I always wanted to see fit picts of it, and you wear it damn well!
Hi Mysteryo

It’s a very small 46 and a fantastic jacket. I just need to loose about 15 lbs in order to zip it up. I got it from Stuart on sale about 5 years ago an only wear it casually. It fits everywhere except the waist. If I were ordering new I would get a heavier zip. He has an original that was used by an American pilot during WWII that is worth taking a look at on his site. My goal this year is to get the belly down so I can zip this bad boy up and use it on the bike. It would be perfect for spring summer riding. I really like the “lay” of the collar too. The horse is about 4 oz and very malleable. Just a great jacket as far as I am concerned.

Good stuff Wilbur! I still lament the loss of the elk hide JLP Jacket I bought from you. At the time, I was at my largest, and had to flip it. I could wear it today and I am SO bummed I ever sold it...

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A LW with tapered waist? Almost an oxymoron. But if they did it, they did it. The Tog looks great? Nice shoulder, nice lapel, almost like a Terminator jacket pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red devil

That green suburban is fantastic indeed!
Really like the russet sheepskin lining one as well (I have the same with standard lining). How warm is it?

Logician

One of the Regulars
That green suburban is fantastic indeed!
Really like the russet sheepskin lining one as well (I have the same with standard lining). How warm is it?
It is quite warm actually. Not B-3 warm, but warm nonetheless. The only downside though is that the horsehide leather tends to get (even) stiffer when the weather drops to frigid temperatures. For that reason, I would not make it my main jacket/coat for commuting in the cold (I walk to work). It is really not an option then. In that case, I usually wear my CAF B-3 or my Canada Goose Mantra. But in spring and fall, it definitely keeps me warm when the weather is chilly, much more than a LW Suburban with the standard nylon satin lining. Hope that helps.

red devil

It is quite warm actually. Not B-3 warm, but warm nonetheless. The only downside though is that the horsehide leather tends to get (even) stiffer when the weather drops to frigid temperatures. For that reason, I would not make it my main jacket/coat for commuting in the cold (I walk to work). It is really not an option then. In that case, I usually wear my CAF B-3 or my Canada Goose Mantra. But in spring and fall, it definitely keeps me warm when the weather is chilly, much more than a LW Suburban with the standard nylon satin lining. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I have been wondering about that for some time. This really helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana