Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Buco Rider - 40

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Size 40 Lost Worlds. Relined with Harris tweed / new talon zip done by Johnson Leathers. Just had a new jacket come in, so my one in one out policy applies. Size 40 Lost Worlds
More pics and measurements will follow. But for now, her she is. $600 shipped in USA, PAyPal FF

4C18AB6A-3266-4953-88FF-3D134F69A15A.jpeg

Kuro

Practically Family
WOW! That looks way better worn than static.

Would love to see pics of the new liner too!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Sorry for the delay. Dealing with a neck/disc injury. Now for the measurements and pics. I’m just barely 5’10 and the back works. Updated back length....

shoulder 19
Pit 22.5
Arm 25.25

Re-checked the back length. Total 25.25
1.75 Collar
23.5 - Back

DB8A06D2-1125-46E9-BF19-E7C077F9D253.jpeg
88FD08E4-94AE-4218-808A-33AE09FF291D.jpeg
4A338DC9-2A90-4E8E-9056-87AA8D9D5A75.jpeg
2083B123-E9C2-463B-A89D-6D3686F729E6.jpeg
ECCC6A2A-7C77-4A47-80A0-4F23336830D8.jpeg
5963B5DC-61E7-4A8E-A9D9-5DC8396895FF.jpeg
DEB606E3-8974-4D0C-9DD6-C7CC083437D5.jpeg

Last edited:

Seank

A-List Customer
So question.... back lengths are usually taken from the seam where the collar meets the back correct? Excluding the collar itself?
So for comparison sake to the way I usually measure, this jacket actually has a back length closer to 23” not 24.75?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I whished it had a 21" chest. I got the brown version and it is one of my best fitting jackets. GLWS!

dopey

One of the Regulars
I bought this jacket from the guy who bought it from this seller. It is a great jacket. Complete beast. You can see the stitching where the replacement zip was sewn on (if you look closely) and the new zip doesn't have the same color (now that I told you this, you can see it in the photos); also, the side adjuster buckets are nickel instead of the antique brass that would match the original zippers and hangar chain/rivets. None of those things matter to me. It is a fantastic jacket and I love wearing it. The hide itself is awesome, as is the style and cut. It is probably a tad big for me (sleeves a drop long and wide, chest and shoulders a drop wide, back a drop long) but I m not sure if a 38 would be too small. Ideally, 39 in this model if there were such a thing.

Kuro

Practically Family
I bought this jacket from the guy who bought it from this seller. It is a great jacket. Complete beast. You can see the stitching where the replacement zip was sewn on (if you look closely) and the new zip doesn't have the same color (now that I told you this, you can see it in the photos); also, the side adjuster buckets are nickel instead of the antique brass that would match the original zippers and hangar chain/rivets. None of those things matter to me. It is a fantastic jacket and I love wearing it. The hide itself is awesome, as is the style and cut. It is probably a tad big for me (sleeves a drop long and wide, chest and shoulders a drop wide, back a drop long) but I m not sure if a 38 would be too small. Ideally, 39 in this model if there were such a thing.

Congrats! Always nice to get this feedback on sold jackets! I was seriously tempted to pick this one up.

Last edited:

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
That one was a beaut and beast of a jacket! Also just a smidge to big for me, but a smaller size in that one would feel like a straight jacket. As for the hardware color, that's how it was built from LW. When you you use NOS Vintage zips, the metals oxidize into different shades than modern materials. So the side newer buckles may be silver (brass underneath), the pocket and sleeves zips all NOS Nickel Talons which usually have the teeth oxidize into an antique brass looking color, and the main zip being Talon but Aluminum so no oxidizing color change. Zip replacements are always dicey, but I feel Johnson Leather did an amazing job given the beast 4oz hide.

dopey

One of the Regulars
That one was a beaut and beast of a jacket! Also just a smidge to big for me, but a smaller size in that one would feel like a straight jacket. As for the hardware color, that's how it was built from LW. When you you use NOS Vintage zips, the metals oxidize into different shades than modern materials. So the side newer buckles may be silver (brass underneath), the pocket and sleeves zips all NOS Nickel Talons which usually have the teeth oxidize into an antique brass looking color, and the main zip being Talon but Aluminum so no oxidizing color change. Zip replacements are always dicey, but I feel Johnson Leather did an amazing job given the beast 4oz hide.
Thanks. Good to know about the hardware colors, and, as I said, it didn't bother me anyway. I agree that Johnson Leathers did a great job on that and also on the Harris Tweed lining, which I didn't mention. They did an alteration on one of their own jackets for me and it was perfect, but, truth be told, I still like this one better and, in any event, my daughter took that one so I needed a replacement. As for the sizing, it was 40 degrees this morning and I needed a sweater over my T-shirt. That wouldn't have been possible if this one were any smaller so I will stop worrying about it. I hope you find a replacement for yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB