Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST WORLDS - Discovering some GREAT leather!

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
TheSnark said:
Next, the Suburban in Russet Brown. Unlike a lot of my jackets, both the Roadhouse and Suburban can reasonably double as casual wear. They're really somewhere in that hard-to-hit territory of "casual riding jacket":

suburbanfrontshade.jpg

!

MMMmmm! The Surburban leather and colour look choice and pictures after the break-in would indeed be interesting.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Bonneville said:
The Surburban leather and colour look choice and pictures after the break-in would indeed be interesting.

I'll put it on my calendar to take and post more photos next Spring. One of the great things about brown leather is that it has a different appearance in different light (whereas black is always just black). Even the graininess and depth of the creases can significantly affect the color appearance. It's not just funky color balance from the camera that makes the difference between the sunlight and shady pictures of the Suburban.

Anders said:
That Roadhouse! Something about that style really put the hook in me.

Yeah, I know the feeling, LOL! I mentioned previously that I really love the Bakelite buttons, and they're the perfect complement for this design. For some reason, the Roadhouse just wouldn't have the same sense of time and style with any other buttons. Buttons are somewhat clumsy on a motorcycle jacket (and all my jackets are riding jackets), but I just had to have a Roadhouse, in spite of the obvious inconvenience of buttons. I can't explain why, but in this case, it's worth the trouble.

Todd V

Familiar Face
TheSnark, great pair of jackets you have there. Thanks for the detailed write-up and photos.

By your comments, I'm guessing that is a size 36 Roadhouse and you are typically a 38? I am typically a 36S and have my eye on the 34 or 36 Ryder on the sale page, namely because the Ryder's zipper-less sleeves could be easily shortened. It is such a fantastic deal, but I cannot decide on the size! :eusa_doh:

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Todd V said:
I am typically a 36S and have my eye on the 34 or 36 Ryder on the sale page, namely because the Ryder's zipper-less sleeves could be easily shortened. It is such a fantastic deal, but I cannot decide on the size!

It depends to some extent on the design of the jacket and the kind of fit you want. I ordinarily wear an off-the-rack size 38R (I'm wearing a 38R Suburban in the photos), but I moved down to a 36R for the Roadhouse... a more slender design, and I wanted a trim fit. (Besides, the 36R Roadhouse was on sale at half price!) Just call Stuart at the number on the website and talk to him about your size concern... have a few basic measurements handy (height, weight, sleeve length, chest measurement).

I'm somewhat skeptical that alterations such as sleeve length would be allowed on a sale item, but you could ask.

Good luck, I hope you get your Ryder!

Todd V

Familiar Face
Thanks for the advice. Given that there cuffs are simply hemmed, I could probably find someone local to shorten them a hair, though it probably wouldn't be necessary.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Todd V said:
Given that there cuffs are simply hemmed, I could probably find someone local to shorten them a hair, though it probably wouldn't be necessary.

Which Ryder jacket are you considering? The Khaki or the HH? Please, please tell me its the khaki! I shudder to think of letting LW HH stitching just so it can be re-hemmed locally.

kyboots

Practically Family
The Suburban Jacket

Hey Snark! I really love that Suburban Jacket. It is definitely to die for. In only two short months it could be mine! A personal question about coats:How many inches does the coat extend below the bottom of your belt in the front and in the back? Thanks, John. PS the color is perfect too!

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
kyboots said:
How many inches does the coat extend below the bottom of your belt in the front and in the back?

By my measurement, it's about 3" in the front and anywhere from 3.5" to 4.5" in the back. I'm not sure these numbers really mean anything, since I took the measurements myself and self-measurement is notoriously inaccurate. I measured several times, and the front measure was fairly consistent, but the measurement in the back was all over the place. (Big surprise, huh?) Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you want to send your gf over to help with the measuring... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy