Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Leathertogs B in black HH

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
giphy.gif

red devil

IMO seems a bit big........

I am possibly inbetween sizes in my current weight, but I think that a 42 would be too tight

I believe RD has a 44, like mine.

P2P: 23”, perhaps a wee bit more but under 23.5.
Waist: 20”, belt undone.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, mine is a 44 as well, and measurements more or less the same (difficult to be accurate with these thick hides)

Hmmm obviously would need a lot more work outs on my part. I had a 46 Leathertogs A for awhile but had to let it go for the same reason... A and B are gorgeous but not necessarily for me.

I find that they taper a bit more than the J23... your J24 is also a 46?

I am possibly inbetween sizes in my current weight, but I think that a 42 would be too tight

Yeah, mine is a 44 as well, and measurements more or less the same (difficult to be accurate with these thick hides)

I find that they taper a bit more than the J23... your J24 is also a 46?

RD, I agree that this tapers more than the J-23. Does your J-24(s) taper more than your Trojan? I find that mine does.

Logician

One of the Regulars
Pretty much as you say Leathertogs>J24>Trojan most to least taper

LT B most taper: both sleeves AND body? Your sleeves seem about 1 inch too long, which is perfectly acceptable.

BTW why choose a NOS Vintage Wool/Cotton Plaid Lining over a Heavyweight pure Satin one? I take it that you don't share Carlos' opinion that in most cases a wool lining for a motorcycle jacket is not really worth it, that it has little practical purpose? (I read it here a few weeks ago, can't remember where exactly). I hope I am not misrepresenting his view.

Sublime jacket RD! Your collection is really impressive.

red devil

LT B most taper: both sleeves AND body? Your sleeves seem about 1 inch too long, which is perfectly acceptable.

BTW why choose a NOS Vintage Wool/Cotton Plaid Lining over a Heavyweight pure Satin one? I take it that you don't share Carlos' opinion that in most cases a wool lining for a motorcycle jacket is not really worth it, that it has little practical purpose? (I read it here a few weeks ago, can't remember where exactly). I hope I am not misrepresenting his view.

Sublime jacket RD! Your collection is really impressive.

To be perfectly honest the pure satin would have been a more pragamatic and practical choice, it is just that I saw the plaid and thought it would work really well aesthetically.
I sacrificed (some) function for looks in this instance

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
And now the fit pics

Ry9GoDs.jpg

nFWXiwY.jpg

OLjfVcS.jpg

L6j8Q5F.jpg

4y4XSmc.jpg

vhn64bn.jpg

33jH167.jpg

XsD0cK1.jpg

I would have probably needed a bigger size back then.

The jacket lines and the cut look so futuristic. Like something out of the movie. They did get it right back in the day. The big buttons are so elegant. When I look at it closely, It makes me wonder if modern wetsuit designers got their inspiration from this jacket? Function with purpose.

red devil

The jacket lines and the cut look so futuristic. Like something out of the movie. They did get it right back in the day. The big buttons are so elegant. When I look at it closely, It makes me wonder if modern wetsuit designers got their inspiration from this jacket? Function with purpose.

Agreed on the futuristic part, there is something very sleek about the lines of the jacket :)

Dios mio! Love it. Max, you have ALL the jackets on my wish list. How you find them? Love the inner pocket. Is that pocket custom order? Remember what I said before? LOL, I mean it...

I ponied up on this one lol. Not custom, all stock. It really is perfect for riding. I’ve sold off a bunch, as you well know, so this one will be dedicated riding gear.

@red devil looking good man.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I've been eyeing this LW Leathertog for a while. @JMax Thanks for sharing the size taper info. I have no doubts now. Just have to decide black or brown.

I was thinking the same! The brown to me looks such a nice option. The problem for me is that when ask Stu about the thickness of the leather, for a motorcycle jacket he told me 3.5/3 oz

red devil

I've been eyeing this LW Leathertog for a while. @JMax Thanks for sharing the size taper info. I have no doubts now. Just have to decide black or brown.

Or blue!

I was thinking the same! The brown to me looks such a nice option. The problem for me is that when ask Stu about the thickness of the leather, for a motorcycle jacket he told me 3.5/3 oz

You want it thicker ot thinner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points