Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who out there watches it?? And who can't wait for tonight's season premiere??!!! I'm counting the minutes.............
flat-top

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lost & Nip/Tuck - two very addictive shows. Did anyone else catch the fantastic summary/review show before the premiere? I wish every season opener had one of those.

SappySwami

Familiar Face
I'm a big LOST fan, I couldn't wait for the episode tonight. For awhile there it seemed there would be some answers! Instead it turned out to bring up more questions, but that's part of the fun.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I had a gig last nite and set the VCR to record it. Somehow the time must be off a few minutes and I didn't get to see the entire episode. But these are my thoughts.
The guy in the 'underground bunker' is the same guy who helped the Dr. with his sprained ankle when he was running up and down the steps. (seen during one of the flashbacks) I also think the 'bunker' is an old leftover relic from the 'cuban missle crisis' era. A secret military missle silo. The missle is deteriorating badly and might account for the magnet properties the Dr experienced while in the tunnel.
The 'crazy guy who kept repeating the numbers' that the lottery winner talked about, was another person who used to man the bunker, but became crazy from the isolation!

Kind of fits the story line.

Chad

Lion

New in Town
I like the theory about the numbers, but unfortunately, it dosen't match the known facts. Yes Hurley did get the numbers from someone while in the psych ward. However, and here I my memory gets a little fuzzy, Hurley's friend either got them from or heard them with someone while working at a naval listening post monitoring the South Pacific. The other man lived in Austrilia, which is why Hurley went there. The man's wife told Hurley that her husband was dead, the listening post story and the bad things that hapended to her husband after he used the number to win some sort of contest. Oh, and remember, the French lady, Rousseau, said that what brought her and her group to that island was a transmision with those numbers in it. They changed course to investigate, then crashed.

The missile silo theory is interesting as well, but I lean more towards it being a labratory. Remember, "quarentined" was on the INSIDE of the hatch, not the outside. My guess would be that the bunker was, until they blew the hatch, the only safe place on the island. I think the island was what was quarentined, not the bunker. I could very easily be wrong, but that seems like the most likely explanation to me so far.

My question is, does anyone have any theorys about Michael's son (can't remember his name at the moment)? The show has hinted (with a sledgehammer) that there is something 'special about him. So far it looks like some sort of latent psychic ability to me. Any other ideas?

Leo

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh man, I was reading LOST message boards for an hour today! You are right about the numbers..I forgot that the guy in the ward heard the numbers from someone else (who heard them from someone else..)
I won't give any spoilers (and I'm sure you can find them on the net yourselves), but there was a TON of stuff in the season premiere that all meant something.
You just KNOW that the creators of the show are loving the fact that each episode is being studied like the Zapruder film!
flat-top

Lion

New in Town
I'm avoiding anything that might have spoilers like the Black Death. I'd rather wait and see if I guessed right.

I don't know what it is exactly, but something about lost has really grabed me. I've never been this into a TV show before. Not even close.

You just KNOW that the creators of the show are loving the fact that each episode is being studied like the Zapruder film!

I heard an interview with the creator of the show a few months back. If I remember corectly that was part of what they were going for. He said that they don't put anything in the show without first figuring out exactly what's going to hapen with it. Almost everything is ment to have some signifigence. A nice change from shows where I don't think even the writers remember what hapened in the last episode.

Leo

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I spent about 3 hrs (I have no life!) reading the LOST Boards yesterday. Their is a hidden message on www.oceanicflight815.com page. If you look at the bottom of the page, their is a little barcode. When you click on it you have to input a secret code. (easily found by searching the message board) When you input the right code, it pops up a peice of paper with some 'startling news' about a future episode. I won't post what it says here, but it definately hints that the island is used for some kind of weird testing.

Chad

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
more LOST theories

Here are some other ideas I had concerning this island of mysteries. The writers have stated that everything that happens on the island can be explained by natural rather than supernatural things. So what of the eerie mechanical sounds? maybe it is the sounds of old water pipes flushing water through the lines. The 'gray smoke' that sucked the guy into the hole? Maybe it is an underground air purification system. The system draws in air from the island and cleans it then 'spits out' dust and debis (gray smoke) just before it takes in newer air.

Just thinking.

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy