Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOTS of 40s/50s Pants & Shirts in LARGE & XL wearable SIZES!!!

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I've come across a few pairs of 40s/50s vintage pants in some great, large sizes so I wanted to see if someone wants them here, before they go on ebay.
All items are sold as is in vintage condition, so ask questions if you have them. The more items you buy the better deal I'll give you. Shipping will range from about $8-15 domestic & about $12-30 international.
Don't forget to check out my TIES in an earlier post...a lot of them would set off these pants! PM me.

1) A nice pair of very Long, Wool 40s/50s Brown Pinstripe Pants/Trousers. There is repair to what was a frayed crotch, tiny bit of fraying to the edge of the side pockets, & a small amount of pinstripe fading, but nothing that detracts from this iconic pair of pinstripe pants.
They feature a dropped belt loops and a great, Long size for you taller folks out there. This pair of pants would look great w/ a nice cream, gray, or chocolate brown sport jacket…single or double breasted, or with a nice yellow, white, gray, or light blue gab shirt for the casual look. $35

Waist: 39” (+3.5” to let out)
Inseam: 35”

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

2) A pair of well-maintained Wool 40s/50s Slate Blue Pants/Trousers. They have dropped belt loops and would look great w/ a cream, gray, navy, or black sport jacket. If you want to go casual, you could rock it w/ a navy, yellow, green, or white gab shirt. $40 (They're lighter than in the picture)

Waist: 34” (+4” to let out)
Inseam: 30” (+.5 to let down or 3” w/o a cuff)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

3) A great pair of Ash Gray, Wool 40s/50s Pants/Trousers that feature the iconic dropped waistline of the time period. These pants are nice, large & long size & have a small 2” repair under the crotch that can’t be seen when they are on. $35

Waist: 38” (+1.5” to let out)
Inseam: 34” (+1” to let down)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

4) An amazing, large size Seafoam Green 40s/50s Gabardine, (Flap Pocket) long sleeve shirt which works great for casual or formal wear.
There is a very small, eraser head size white spot on the back of the left elbow, almost underneath the arm where no one will see it.
The tag reads: Stradiware-As Fine As Skilled Hands Can Make- L- 17-17 1/2 $50

This shirt is ideal for a size 44-50 chest because it can be tucked in or left out, but it measures:
Chest: 52”
Sleeve: 25”
Length: 32” (top of collar to bottom of shirt)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

5) A rare Cotton-Gabardine 40s/50s Yellow shirt that would work great w/ a tie, but would be fine as open collar.
The label says: Penney’s Towncraft-Sanforized-Ex. Large 17-17 ½
$40
This shirt is ideal for a size 44-50 chest because it can be tucked in or left out, but it measures:
Chest: 52”
Sleeve: 24.5”
Length: 31” (top of collar to bottom of shirt)

(second picture is closer to actual color of canary yellow)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ande1964

Practically Family
Forgive my ignorance, but can you explain what you mean by "dropped waistline" on the gray slacks?

Thanks!

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points