Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Turn on the water! He LOVES water. He will climb into the sink when I brush my teeth, put his paw in the running water, then lick it. He's jumped into the bathtub with my husband, even. He's a weird cat...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
And here's evidence of his love for water:

WorldsofFun016.jpg

WorldsofFun020.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
That's just not natural. :eeek:

We're finding out that there isn't much that IS natural with this cat. He head-butts doors when he wants in a room. He will eat ANYTHING, and I do mean anything. He likes water. If he wants something, he will go nose-to-nose with you to get it (and it's usually food). This cat has NO FEAR.

My husband wanted a cat that would cuddle with him - he got his wish, but he got even more than that - a cat that is JUST LIKE HIM. :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
If he wants something, he will go nose-to-nose with you to get it (and it's usually food).
I once dated a girl whose cat had gained too much weight and had been put on a diet by the vet. The cat became so aggressive in his demands for food that whenever we walked around in the apartment he would try to herd us, as would a cutting horse, into the kitchen where his food and bowl were kept. It was bizarre.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
He is borderline neurotic when it comes to food. We actually have to put him in a different room and shut the door. If he hears the refrigerator door opening, he runs to the kitchen. If he hears you open a package of food, he'll run after you, jump in your lap, and literally stick his face right against yours. A firm "No!" is only partially effective, and squirting him with a squirt gun won't do any good, either!

Well, this morning, we lost a member of the family. My family's cat, affectionately named 'Stupid Cat', was hit by a car out in front of the house. He wasn't hit by the tires, and there was no blood, but he had unfortunately passed when my parents found him. That was a terrible phone call to wake up to this morning.

We got him, I believe I was a Sophomore in High School. At the Shelter, he reached out from his cage and grabbed my dad's jacket. That's all it took, he came home with us. He's been one of the family ever since. We all loved him very much and will miss him incredibly.

I don't have a picture of him, so I had to borrow this picture of him with my sister, from her.
295422_206926632698441_100001433174627_599374_2309886_n.jpg

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Tom, that's the worst pain, I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks absolutely contented and happy in your sister's arms. [My previous kitty came home from the shelter the same way - a paw out of the cage and she tapped my former hubby's head with it and I had her for 18-years (hubby for 5-years)]. You loved him from day one, and what better way to honor him, but with those wonderful memories of his life.

Thank you so much for your sympathy. It's been a really hard day, dealing with this. We always yelled at him to stay out of the road, but he insisted on going into the woods across the road. 18 Years? Really? She had a full, long life then! The last thing I did when I saw Stupid Cat was rub his belly and tell him he was a good boy, he sure was.

Tom, that's the worst pain, I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks absolutely contented and happy in your sister's arms. [My previous kitty came home from the shelter the same way - a paw out of the cage and she tapped my former hubby's head with it and I had her for 18-years (hubby for 5-years)]. You loved him from day one, and what better way to honor him, but with those wonderful memories of his life.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Wow Tom I am very sorry to hear this...
Yeah 18yrs is a long time.
A neighbor's Siamese lived that long when I was a kid and honestly I thought "chin-chin" would be around forever...
Amateisgal I have to say the only thing wrong about your cat is that it's wet, and it's walking by the toilet...

davidraphael

Practically Family
Really sorry to hear about the cat losses. I lost my 2 within months of each other. The oldest one was 18 yrs old. I'd had them my entire childhood, teenage years, and into my very early 20s. Very sad. My sympathies.

Last edited:
Thank you to everybody for the kind words. It really means so much!

He lived by his own code. The only way to coax him to do what you wanted was to shake the treat bag, and that only worked some of the time.

Very sorry for your loss, Tom. He sounds like a fine fellow -- the sort of cat who lived by his own code, no matter what.

We all loved him very much, especially my sister Dixie. I went over to my parents' house yesterday to comfort her and she was in worse shape than I've seen her in a long time. My brother brought her a new cat. His name is Paul and he's a good cat. Dixie put it right, though, you just can't replace family.

Sorry to hear about your cat, Tom - he was beautiful and clearly very much loved.

rue

I'm really very sorry Tom. It's bad enough when you lose a pet from natural causes.....

Your brother was sweet to do that for your sister. I know you can't replace those you love, but it makes it a bit easier to have a new baby to take care of.

Thank you! It was very kind of him to watch out for his twin sister like that.

Oh, the inspiration behind Dixie's name choice of Paul...

[video=youtube;NrK00l5xXBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrK00l5xXBk\[/video]
I'm really very sorry Tom. It's bad enough when you lose a pet from natural causes.....

Your brother was sweet to do that for your sister. I know you can't replace those you love, but it makes it a bit easier to have a new baby to take care of.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
My brother brought her a new cat. His name is Paul and he's a good cat. Dixie put it right, though, you just can't replace family.

It's not so much "replacing" a family member, but sharing the love you have for Stupid Cat with this kitty who didn't have a family. It will be a great union in no time, and glad your brother was able to give Paul a good home with your family.

AtomicEra Tom said:
Thank you so much for your sympathy. It's been a really hard day, dealing with this. We always yelled at him to stay out of the road, but he insisted on going into the woods across the road. 18 Years? Really? She had a full, long life then! The last thing I did when I saw Stupid Cat was rub his belly and tell him he was a good boy, he sure was.

You know, even though Astro was 18, I never thought she would die. Silly, huh? I loved her so much and was devastated when she died from kidney disease a few years ago. I still think about her fondly and know she would not tolerate my new cat, even though he'd love her because he's just a friendly guy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo