Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I figured she wouldn't give out. You would have a defective one if that were the case. :p Zeus would fight the fan---like it was something growling at him. lol lol
Oh she has her triggers. Several are small appliances because they make a lot of noise.
Because she was almost completely feral, she still has some anxiety issues that come out as anger or aggressiveness. While we've worked with her for years, she will still have some of this. If that's directed towards the Bedlington, she realizes quick not to do that again. Bedlington's look cute but they are all Terrier and won't take crap from anyone, especially their "sister." :D

Last edited:
Oh she has her triggers. Several are small appliances because they make a lot of noise.
Because she was almost completely feral, she still has some anxiety issues that come out as anger or aggressiveness. While we've worked with her for years, she will still have some of this. If that's directed towards the Bedlington, she realizes quick not to do that again. Bedlington's look cute but they are all Terrier and won't take crap from anyone, especially their "sister." :D
Aha! Well, I got Zeus as a puppy---very young. He is only about a year old now. Still full of energy but after about ten years they begin to slow down.:p My previous Blue Heeler made it to 17. They gradually deteriorate at that age though. Loss of hearing and some eye sight made it tougher for her but she still got around and patrolled the yard. :p

Louis and Friend

1267021_196944473814552_81559113_o.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Aha! Well, I got Zeus as a puppy---very young. He is only about a year old now. Still full of energy but after about ten years they begin to slow down.:p My previous Blue Heeler made it to 17. They gradually deteriorate at that age though. Loss of hearing and some eye sight made it tougher for her but she still got around and patrolled the yard. :p
Mine got diabetes at the age of 10. We kept her going for 3 more years with insulin shots twice daily. We thought she'd go longer, but the diabetes wore her down. The Dr said by all appearances she was 16 inside due to it. The last year she had neuropathy of her rear legs, so we got her a cart. She adapted to it quickly, and once outside she ran just as fast as before. In the house, it was a bad idea because she'd go hauling ass (literally) and catch it on a table or doorway.
My wife knew her 6yrs and in that time realized how smart heelers are, especially how they sit to keep an eye on everyone in the room. No matter where my wife would move to, that dog would also move until she was in the exact position to see us both.:D To the end, that dog knew 15 words, and 9 of them spelled out. Not just "out" or "bed" but longer ones, and could tell each toy apart by name. The one I have now is just as smart, but half the size (14in high), and for some reason more hardheaded. Lovely, like we need another dog that acts like the Terrier.

Last edited:
Mine got diabetes at the age of 10. We kept her going for 3 more years with insulin shots twice daily. We thought she'd go longer, but the diabetes wore her down. The Dr said by all appearances she was 16 inside due to it. The last year she had neuropathy of her rear legs, so we got her a cart. She adapted to it quickly, and once outside she ran just as fast as before. In the house, it was a bad idea because she'd go hauling ass (literally) and catch it on a table or doorway.
My wife knew her 6yrs and in that time realized how smart heelers are, especially how they sit to keep an eye on everyone in the room. No matter where my wife would move to, that dog would also move until she was in the exact position to see us both.:D To the end, that dog knew 15 words, and 9 of them spelled out. Not just "out" or "bed" but longer ones, and could tell each toy apart by name. The one I have now is just as smart, but half the size (14in high), and for some reason more hardheaded. Lovely, like we need another dog that acts like the Terrier.

Smart isn't the word for ACDs. They are the geniuses of the dog world. The unfortunate side effect is they get bored and do nutty things with their spare time. Zeus' sister Ashley was left in the house while my friend went to the hospital to see his sick father. When he came back, Ashley had gnawed on every corner of the living room table and even on the side table. :rofl: You should see the tables now with rounded corners. Man, he was mad! lol lol lol I told him to keep her outside during the day. He never listens to me. lol lol
Oh and Zeus presented me with a big rat that he knocked off a few days ago. :doh: Damned neighbor's overgrown yard!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Smart isn't the word for ACDs. They are the geniuses of the dog world. The unfortunate side effect is they get bored and do nutty things with their spare time. Zeus' sister Ashley was left in the house while my friend went to the hospital to see his sick father. When he came back, Ashley had gnawed on every corner of the living room table and even on the side table. :rofl: You should see the tables now with rounded corners. Man, he was mad! lol lol lol I told him to keep her outside during the day. He never listens to me. lol lol
Oh and Zeus presented me with a big rat that he knocked off a few days ago. :doh: Damned neighbor's overgrown yard!
:eeek:

Mine stay together during the day, and can't get into anything important.
The previous one rounded cabinet trim, opened doors (using her mouth on the knob), and opened cabinets (one day getting into a box of ALL BRAN).
The current one has an addiction for unraveling carpet, and paper products such as toilet tissue and paper towels. What's odd though, is she will often times catch her toys (Frisbees, rubber bones, etc) with her front paws in a clapping motion, and not with her mouth. The most important command I taught her, albeit more rare than I'd like, is "whisper." She will mouth a bark but won't make a sound. ;)

:eeek:

Mine stay together during the day, and can't get into anything important.
The previous one rounded cabinet trim, opened doors (using her mouth on the knob), and opened cabinets (one day getting into a box of ALL BRAN).
The current one has an addiction for unraveling carpet, and paper products such as toilet tissue and paper towels. What's odd though, is she will often times catch her toys (Frisbees, rubber bones, etc) with her front paws in a clapping motion, and not with her mouth. The most important command I taught her, albeit more rare than I'd like, is "whisper." She will mouth a bark but won't make a sound. ;)

That is funny! Samantha used to come into my mother's house via the screen door and raid the pantry for cereal too. :p Once they see you put something away like that then they remember for later. :p
She used to do those other things too. I have a picture of here somewhere jumping 6 feet into the air to get her rope bone out of a tree. You can see air under her feet! :p Flying dog. :p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Thing About Cats:

"Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them."-Jim Davis, creator of "Garfield"

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Play hard, crash hard:

My Bedlington melts over the pillow just like that. :D

Kelpie? I looked at one of those, but the Red Heeler I have now came up a week after I got my Bedlington. I wanted to raise them together so they'd bond, which they have.
BTW I get the same look from Scarlett that Rusty is giving the camera, especially when she's done something wrong and I'm about to put her in time out. It's almost an "I dare you" look. ;)

Levallois

Practically Family
Got a light, buddy?

Penny, 70 pounds of lab and Aussie Shepard mix with one of her countless chew antlers.

96b947daffac9920d288d82dcbbf6383.jpg
[/IMG]

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
This is my mother daughter now that I am out of her hair,, she is a diva dog that requires way more attention than I ever did even though my mother would try and disagree,,LOL!
316308_289416234422958_2091379333_n.jpg
Her name is Gracie!
I have had Boston terriers and Labs and I love most all breeds,,I also have 2 grandogs and one grandbunny.. This is my newest grandog Hunter..Lab/Rottweiler..
1477511_10152076177604631_826088009_n.jpg

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Everyone has such cute animals,,!!!! I love this thread...besides my children in which I only claim when they are behaving..lol..I can always count on the dogs/cats/bunnies to give me the love and respect I so well deserve,,LOL!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Got a light, buddy?

Penny, 70 pounds of lab and Aussie Shepard mix with one of her countless chew antlers.

96b947daffac9920d288d82dcbbf6383.jpg
[/IMG]
Watch it.
If they see you do something a couple of times, they'll get the hang of it. :D
I had a heeler that learned to open her bedroom door, and cabinets.
Walked in the kitchen one day, and she had opened the cabinet and was into the Cheerios. :eeek:
The one I have now? She's only interested in annoying her sister, a Bedlington Terrier that's 8mos older.
Her favorite activity, is to pull the towel in any chair the Bedlington is laying in, thus causing the other dog to "ride" the towel down to the floor, quickly.
Sibling rivalry.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner