Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
My Podengo mix "Jimmy" celebrated his 16th birthday last weekend.
Almost deaf, short-winded and a hard time walking; but we are making the best of the time he has left.
He was once completely black, besides the chest. I'm getting just as grey as him; out of solidarity :)

Jimmy-2018-08-Park-Nah-126-WEB-XL.jpg
Georg-Jimmy-2018-08-Stetson-Jenkins-Panama-104-WEB-XL.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
On Saturday, we spent our last night cuddling The Twist. After a sudden downturn in energy and eating after about 18 years of incredible energy and agility, she hung on for a month, pretty much on Whiska's Milk for Cats and love.

Born feral in a small cave near Burlington, Ontario, and deemed unfit for adoption by the shelter, my sister convinced them to let her take her in. Named "Bailey" by my then four year old niece (proof never to let toddlers name an animal) I took her in as my sister's son had asthma.

Thus becoming Twist (Olive R. Twist formally). THE Twist.

She will be buried on the farm we are moving to. Thanks for the memories, and we miss you!

Twist 1.jpg
Twist 2.jpg
Twist 3.jpg

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
On Saturday, we spent our last night cuddling The Twist. After a sudden downturn in energy and eating after about 18 years of incredible energy and agility, she hung on for a month, pretty much on Whiska's Milk for Cats and love.

Born feral in a small cave near Burlington, Ontario, and deemed unfit for adoption by the shelter, my sister convinced them to let her take her in. Named "Bailey" by my then four year old niece (proof never to let toddlers name an animal) I took her in as my sister's son had asthma.

She will be buried on the farm we are moving to. Thanks for the memories, and we miss you!

View attachment 134113 View attachment 134114
So sorry for your loss. 18 years is a long time but I the pain isn't any less. Lovely looking cat. Good luck on your move.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear of your loss MisterCairo, and can empathize with what you must be going through. Our first two cats, Junior and Katy, lived to be 18 and 24 years old. Having been a part of our lives for so long, their rather sudden absences were difficult to adjust to.

View attachment 134113 View attachment 134114 View attachment 134115

So sorry for your loss. It's been close to ten years since my last cat passed. I still miss him.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry to hear about the passing of the Twist. A good life of 18 years, shows the care you gave her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RJR

Rainbow_Bridge.jpg
So sorry for your loss.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^ I never cease to be amazed by K-9 families. Fiercely loyal to each other despite their Mutt and Jeff appearance. One of my old neighbors had a Yorkie and a Boxer who were inseparable.
I saw this at the rodeo last night. Cowboy, horse, and dogs. Quite a family! You could see the loyalty, and the joy they had performing together.
893e85be16e9af36401fd1d971af49b7.jpg

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss, and hope that one day there'll be room in your hearts and home for another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner