Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Not our dog, but definitely a member of the family:

49ByZZg.jpg

One of my wife's cousins found him at a shelter several years ago, fell in love with him almost immediately, and gave him a good home. She named him Jack because, as you may have noticed, his left eye is missing ("One-eyed Jack"). She was told by someone at the shelter that his eye had somehow been badly damaged before he'd been brought in, and the vet ultimately decided to remove it and permanently close his eyelids on that side. He doesn't seem to notice, and he's very friendly, affectionate, and playful.

3fingers

One Too Many
Not our dog, but definitely a member of the family:

49ByZZg.jpg

One of my wife's cousins found him at a shelter several years ago, fell in love with him almost immediately, and gave him a good home. She named him Jack because, as you may have noticed, his left eye is missing ("One-eyed Jack"). She was told by someone at the shelter that his eye had somehow been badly damaged before he'd been brought in, and the vet ultimately decided to remove it and permanently close his eyelids on that side. He doesn't seem to notice, and he's very friendly, affectionate, and playful.
I've always wished that we could be more like dogs in accepting handicaps and infirmities. Since they don't know any different they don't mourn over them or allow them to define their existence like we tend to do. They accept and get on with their lives.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The moment you realize your new neighbors have an Afghan Hound in the house.

Complete with ice cube & lemon wedge.

View attachment 141794

View attachment 141795
Ha ha
I used to love these dogs and wanted one so bad. UNTIL, i met some. A buddy had one that cost a bundle, ran the house. Pedigree, world class champion show dog. Dumbest idiot dog anybody ever met. Louie the idiot we called him, but stunningly beautiful.
Ice cubes and lemon wedges, yup!
Ps: don’t mean to offend, maybe it was just Louie the....

I've always wished that we could be more like dogs in accepting handicaps and infirmities. Since they don't know any different they don't mourn over them or allow them to define their existence like we tend to do. They accept and get on with their lives.
With humans most of the "problems" arise because of the way other humans react to their handicaps/infirmities/whatever. And this sometimes happens with pets. Poor little Jack had been at that shelter for a while because a lot of people who went there looking for a dog were put off by his missing eye. That didn't matter to my wife's cousin; all she saw was a cute and sweet little dog that responded to her in a positive manner. Good for her, and good for him.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ha ha
I used to love these dogs and wanted one so bad. UNTIL, i met some. A buddy had one that cost a bundle, ran the house. Pedigree, world class champion show dog. Dumbest idiot dog anybody ever met. Louie the idiot we called him, but stunningly beautiful.
Ice cubes and lemon wedges, yup!
Ps: don’t mean to offend, maybe it was just Louie the....
I read online that Afghans are considered "the least intelligent" dogs.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112