Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

John K Stetson

One of the Regulars
Lost Cat in Philadelphia "Vintage" Area

All, not sure if this is an appropriate post, I'm sure I will be told if it
is not.

For those of you in the Philadelphia area, you may recall news of a house
explosion and fire last Thursday (Feb 7). That was the house of very close friends. No one was hurt, but the house is gone - and we haven't been able to find their little Russian Blue, Nikita.

The house is close to many of the vintage places on/around Bainbridge, the fabric stores on 4th street - if any of you happen to be in the area and spot her, please call.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/laf/567225492.html

(posting courtesy of a friend)

D

DeaconKC

This is Nikita, my best friend's "puppy" aka "The Fur Missile"
NikitaK-9-1.jpg

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Still my favorite pic of Miss Tilly Mook. She's a bit shaggier now, due to winter ... but starting to shed a lot ... a lot. Yikes. I've got a more recent pic somewhere of her wearing her best pink sweater. Yes, she has a pink sweater and a pink leash. Aren't I a manly man?

dogs5.jpg

Richard

The Shirt

Practically Family
Locktown - You take that adorable dog out in her pink sweater and leash and you will be beating the girls off with a stick. Manly or not - girls love fashion and puppies and they love a guy who can appreciate both.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
DeaconKC said:
Polkadot, hope you like this:
eyeballs.jpg

lol I'll have to post the latest pictures of Jake. She just started laying eggs and is looking like a nice, fat little lady. She's about 7 months old now.

Locktown, I can't believe how cute and pink her nose is.. and her foot pads too! You didn't by chance name her after the butter brand "Tillamook"? :)

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
name that pup

help!, so im getting a new puppy this weekend, she is a havapoo (havanese poodle mix) and i cant pick a name, i want something fun and cute and different, my husband is stuck on baylee and i like aspen (im from colorado) or olive (popeye's wife) but i could really use a few idea.
here is a pic of her, she is only 7 weeks so i dont get to take her home till saturday.
any ideas?
untitled-vi.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
PolkaDotMeggie said:
Jake ( who is actually a girl!), when she was only 4 days old last July.
jake.jpg

DuckDuck, last summer, before she passed away.
untitled4.jpg

Great looking birds. Are/were they affectionate (they look it)? And how do you deal with the poop issue with ducks? In my brief experience with them, they were pretty messy. :(

Canadave

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
Great looking birds. Are/were they affectionate (they look it)? And how do you deal with the poop issue with ducks? In my brief experience with them, they were pretty messy. :(

Yeah, tell us more about ducks as pets. They are very cute.

David

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Jake is not as affectionate as DuckDuck was. Jake doesn't like the act of being picked up... but I suppose I wouldn't either if I was little like her. On the otherhand, DuckDuck could be held like a baby or laid on my lap on her back. I have a shot of her with her eyes closed!

DuckDuck used to come in the house during the summer when it was exceptionally hot and wander the kitchen while I was sewing.

Ducks are especially clean animals, provided they are care for :) I have a small 13x10 area for Jake, half grass and half patio bricks. Ducks don't need to have swimming water to be healthy, but it does provide lots of entertainment for them. The only messy thing I find with them is they require lots of fresh drinking water because of the way their digestive system is.

Jake3.jpg

untitled7.jpg
Forgive the outfit, my riding lesson was on a particularly hot afternoon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy