Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

IMG_3743.jpeg

Bugguy

Practically Family
Indoor competition.... Barn Hunting. The dogs must locate several rats enclosed in tubes hidden under hay bales in a set amount of time. Two rats in 1 min. 30 sec. and 4 rats in 2 min. 30 sec. Ruby found her two rats by smell in 38 sec. She advanced to the 4-rat class and located them in 1 mini. 18 sec. BTW... there are two tubes of rat litter also hidden and if the dog go for them, they're disqualified.

Launch:
MCDSBHADay2-6110.jpg

Take-off:
MCDSBHADay2-6115.jpg

Enthusiasm:
MCDSBHADay2-6156.jpg

Smell:
MCDSBHADay2-1579.jpg

Target accomplished:
MCDSBHADay1-4705.jpg

All great fun for dog and owner. For rat... not so much.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Indoor competition.... Barn Hunting. The dogs must locate several rats enclosed in tubes hidden under hay bales in a set amount of time. Two rats in 1 min. 30 sec. and 4 rats in 2 min. 30 sec. Ruby found her two rats by smell in 38 sec. She advanced to the 4-rat class and located them in 1 mini. 18 sec. BTW... there are two tubes of rat litter also hidden and if the dog go for them, they're disqualified.

Launch: View attachment 573278

Take-off: View attachment 573279

Enthusiasm:
View attachment 573280

Smell:
View attachment 573285

Target accomplished:
View attachment 573286

All great fun for dog and owner. For rat... not so much.

That does look like fun. What breed is Ruby? She's a good-looking dog, even if she's a "non-specific" breed - I'm no snob. ;)

Bugguy

Practically Family
That does look like fun. What breed is Ruby? She's a good-looking dog, even if she's a "non-specific" breed - I'm no snob. ;)
We had her DNA checked... she's >80% Australian Kelpie - basically a cattle/herding dog. She started a tracking program and we'd have her herding if it wasn't so darn expensive to find a trainer with a herd of something, i.e. goats, sheep, geese, cats, etc. My weird daughter aspires for her to be a cadaver dog.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
We had her DNA checked... she's >80% Australian Kelpie - basically a cattle/herding dog. She started a tracking program and we'd have her herding if it wasn't so darn expensive to find a trainer with a herd of something, i.e. goats, sheep, geese, cats, etc. My weird daughter aspires for her to be a cadaver dog.

I'd not heard of that breed before, thank you. In my experience herding dogs usually have strong personalities but they are smart critters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner