Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Love Crazy-William Powell and Myrna Loy

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Charlie Chaplin also had a lean, small, compact physique. He looked perfect in his double-breasted suits. There's a famous photo of him by Edward Steichen that shows this. Interestingly, Chaplin (the man, not "the Tramp") always wore homburgs, never fedoras.

Two other little lean guys, Noel Coward and Cole Porter, wore their suits like second skins.

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Last week I saw him in a beret - looked grand...

Heehee, was that "Double Wedding"??
I always liked Myrna's outfits, too.
minnie_moodyHAIR.jpg

myrnacolour.jpg

Myrnabeauthat.jpg

Etc. etc.! :D

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Heads Up (and my first post!)

LOVE CRAZY will air on TCM tomorrow afternoon (4pm EST) That's June 28th...make sure to listen for the "wire terrier" line in the elevator!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Sure Nathan, here you go: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/022106htfchat.html

This was announced back in February. This is the transcript of a chat the guys at The Digital Bits had with Warner Home Video.

The relevant bit is here:

[Warner]"...Since the THIN MAN box was such a HUGE success, we'll be doing a new, separate LOY/POWELL boxed set with all new-to-DVD titles in 2007..."

It should contain Manhattan Melodrama, Evelyn Prentice, Double Wedding, I Love You Again, and Love Crazy, as those are the only new-to-DVD films left.

Brad

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I realize I'm a bit late poking into this topic, but I love this movie so very, very much! It is comedy gold. Plenty of gags and screwball comedy, but also truly clever, witty parts also. The whole affair is thoroughly enjoyable, and most scenes are priceless. I thought I'd die laughing when Powell did drag.

FABULOUS news about the set, I had heard rumor of it, but it's super to have confirmation! And all such EXCELLENT movies! I can hardly wait! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hondo

One Too Many
Never feel sorry or worry about being late on any thread, its always good to hear William Powell and Myrna Loy any time, loved the film as well :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh, this is great news! The Lounge is the first place I heard about the new William Powell book and now this--I'll put it on my Wish List.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany