Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovely Liners

Mustang Mike's Hats

A-List Customer
Fresh off the sewing machine ... My wife just made it for a hat I finished for her yesterday ...

debra_liner-1.jpg

I'm not gonna lie here: I stole this idea from @DOGMAN. Getting the fabric was the easy bit. Getting someone to actually do the liners turned out to be a lot harder. Not completely where I want to be with these, but it's a start.

View attachment 126310 View attachment 126311 View attachment 126312 View attachment 126313

Looks great! I’m going to give that a try too. My wife has four sewing machines so surely this is something even a hack like me can make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! I’m going to give that a try too. My wife has four sewing machines so surely this is something even a hack like me can make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Brent. Apparently the trick is to get the pattern of the crown band in the right curve (if that makes sense) to avoid the need to put pleats in it, which makes the liner look less "neat".

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Thanks, Brent. Apparently the trick is to get the pattern of the crown band in the right curve (if that makes sense) to avoid the need to put pleats in it, which makes the liner look less "neat".
It took some time for me to get it pretty close to right.

Those are nice, Stefan. I love the designs.

When cutting a sweatband, you have to cut the ends so as to account for the small amount of taper in the crown. I would imagine it's a similar exercise for this.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points