Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lucy costumes?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
In the costume thread, several people mentioned dressing as Lucy. I've got red hair and I own a fair amount of 1950s clothes, it'd probably be pretty easy for me to pull this off. So... I'd like to see photos from those of you who've done this before! Share your pictures and ideas, please. Thanks!

Kim_B

Practically Family
I was thinking the same thing. That would be the easiest solution, seeing as I already have the red hair, but I'm having trouble finding a dress. All the costumes look just like that - costumes. I think I'm running out of time though if I want to find a good looking, realistic dress! Hmm...if I can find time this weekend I might hit the thrift stores!

kirawoidan

New in Town
Here's a pic of my dress and shoes. Ignore the loud yellow bandana, I was sewing all day and didn't want hair in my face. I found this dress at a thrift store for six bucks.

Picture715.jpg

Picture716.jpg

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Cute! With the hair and makeup you'll make a fantastic Lucy. Will you post pictures of the completed costume?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Okay, so I have red hair, but it isn't RED. I don't want to color it for one day. Is there any kind of temporary rinse or color I can use to get it looking really bright for just one day? I just need a boost. Recommendations?

Anyone ever tried something like this? It says it washes out with your next shampoo. I don't mind if some of the color remains, since my hair is already red - but I don't want to completely change it.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1440/700357

texasgirl

One Too Many
That should work. I've used Fanciful rinses before to tone down the brassiness. But it might not completely rinse out, it may fade over time. But if your hair is already red it should be OK. I wouldn't try it on blonde hair. LOL

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:
That should work. I've used Fanciful rinses before to tone down the brassiness. But it might not completely rinse out, it may fade over time. But if your hair is already red it should be OK. I wouldn't try it on blonde hair. LOL

Thanks! If it doesn't completely rinse out, that is okay, as my hair is already red. I just need some "oomph" to get it really "Lucy red" for the day. I think I'll give it a shot and pick up a bottle next time I'm in Sally.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Reds fade so fast,so I think you're safe with a temporary over naturally red hair.
I've shown this dress before in twirling action,but don't think I shared the look from the front. Wasn't actually trying to look like Lucy here,but I think I'm always subconsciously inspired by her that I just automatically end up emulating her style.

47b6db02b3127cce89df80444db000000015109AbOXLFk0bS

Here's the hubby and I actually as Lucy and Ricky about 3 years ago.(It was perfect,because I've always said "He's the Ricky to my Lucy!")

47b4db31b3127cce9a3b43ee813100000055119AbOXLFk0bS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21