Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Horsehide

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I exchanged a couple of emails with him when I bought the on-sale A-2. Response was quick though there wasn't much of an exchange as I just asked him how to order and told him to send me the form. I sold it cos it is too long (all their jackets are around the same length regardless of sizes). The friend I sold to actually had the same size 34 but it was too tight so he swapped his for a size 38 with another guy. Then he tried on my size 34 and it fits perfectly. Now he has two LW A-2s, one size 38 and one size 34 but both seem to fit.:confused: Anyway, quality is good, good workmanship, very stiff horsehide, heavy for an A-2 and will last longer than some. Too bad it did not fit me. Am giving LW another try. Bidding on a LW biker now.:D

Lando

Practically Family
When is this softer HH suppose to have happened at Lost Worlds? Is it something you have to ask for? I got a Lost Worlds HH jacket early this year and the HH is just as heavy as the HH I got from them years ago. If there's some softer HH of theirs out there it could have just been an order of HH that came in softer than their normal stuff?

I've written about buying from Lost Worlds before, so I won't get into it again. In my various purchases though, I did get to a point where I could just ask them about their general leather stock. Maybe it's because I'd bought a few things, but he did tend to just give me a simple inventory. That's how I ended with all the moosehide and elkhide. But Lost Worlds does seem to get some good and unique leathers and it doesn't seem strange to me at all that they might have some softer HH they just aren't advertising. They want to sell jackets at the end of the day, and if they can do something, they'll probably take your money and do it. If anyone's curious they should just email Lost Worlds and say flat out: I like this style of jacket but want it in a softer HH, can you oblige me? (yes/no).

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My 2nd hand LW FQHH J-23. It's 19 degree celcius here, so not going to wear it yet.:D
WP_000378_zps44a65a00.jpg

WP_000379_zpsa7ecf13d.jpg

It is very heavy but surprisingly soft (because it is 2nd hand??). Comparing to the Real McCoy's J-24L, the LW is much softer but heavier. Very well constructed but bulky. The RM looks smarter on account of the straighter and slimmer cut. On the other hand, that is just a personal fitting issue. However I do prefer the "tea-core" leather on the RM.

Last edited:

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
Be most wary of so-called "Non-Commercial," "Information Only," "Here to help you" web sites, chat groups, etc. Run by self-appointed "experts," these are usually manufacturer shills. LOST WORLDS does not participate in or sanction such activity. We have no proxies doing our work for us -- LOST WORLDS jackets sell themselves. (Quote from Lost Worlds website) http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Vintage_American_Flight_Jackets.htm
I guess I'm supposed to stay away from these jacket forums. Stu said it- that settles it! [huh]
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tom

thor

Call Me a Cab
I bought a new LW A-2 last Christmas and the HH does seem a slight bit lighter weight then the one I bought 8 years ago. When I placed my order, Stu and I talked on the phone at length about the weight of the HH (basically 3 ounce weight vs 4 ounce weight hides). You can specify heavy weight HH if that's what you desire. For an A-2, the slightly lighter 3 ounce HH is perfect, very nice drape but still quite heavy and rugged. For a motorcycle jacket you'd probably want to specify the 4 ounce (or heavier) hide. Photos do NOT show the difference in the hide, it's something you have to feel when wearing it. I love my new LW a-2, still the highest quality repro in the world.
Just my 2 cents gentlemen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou