Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M2N's Very First Custom Suit

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars
Ok, this is how the back pockets look like:

And I really liked the construction of the inside pockets (Btw, does anybody know the name of that detail under the armpits?):

And since I hadn't posted a photo of me from the front, here's how the suit jacket looks when buttoned:

526603_641523132541444_1808459812_n.jpg

GBR

One of the Regulars
Thanks

The pockets look very neat, do you find the zips on the back pockets easy to use? The inside pockets are neat as well - unusual -more normally have their mouths bound in the lining material but very neat. I usually have zips on some of the inside pockets but buttons on the back pockets.

Not sure if the pad at the armpits has a name, it is supposed to act as a barrier if you sweat in hotter climes, suits from Hong Kong and other Asian tailors often have it though I don't likme them myself.

You have a good looking suit, look forward to seeing your next commission.

Last edited:

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars
Thank you very much, I really like it. For the time being i'll call that detail the armpit pad :p What I found curious was that the pockets in my grand uncle's suit are constructed in a similar way... And this is a detail that the tailor showed me way before I decided to use his services... Maybe It was a common practice back in the 1950s? I guess we'll never really know... BTW, about the zippers, I rarely use my back pockets, but when I do I use them to keep my wallet or similar items, and I feel a lot more secure with the zippers than with the buttons. For the next one I'll probably use both the buttons and the zippers, but I'm not sure yet...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner