Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacLachlan Fedora 7 1/8 Medium Grey RARE

buler

I'll Lock Up
I decided to try this one thru the classifieds. Would really like a lounger to get this one. Probably the nicest felt I've had my hands on. If you search thru the hat posts there aren't many MacLachlans that have turned up. There are a couple of posts that reference a Silver Beaver Mac that some consider the best felt hat they've come across.

This is a MacLachlan fedora, size 7 1/8 (measures 22.59" circumference with an ellipse calculator). The pictures make it look a lighter grey but I'd say its a shade or 2 darker in person. I take the pics with two "daylight" lamps illuminating the hat. The ribbon is black grosgrain. The felt is remarkable. There is absolutely no damage to the felt in any way. The leather sweatband does show some wear as you can see in the pics, but all of the stitching is intact. Raw brim edge.

Measurements:
Brim - 2 1/4" Crown - 5" Ribbon - 2" Sweat - 1 7/8"

Length 7 7/8" X width 6 7/16" = 22.59" circumference

Treat yourself to a special xmas present. I'm asking $250 and the hat is worth every penny.

I also have the original (very large) pictures in a photobucket album if you want to see really big detail.

Thanks,
B

These are some quotes someone else pulled together and added to a MacLachlan thread:

Mr. H - "The fur pelts that they used were great, really dense and silky."

jamespowers - "they had to compete with the big boys and did so by giving you more for the money."

Andykev - "have heard that MacLaughlan(sic) hats were independant so they made quality out of the finest materials and supplies."

ArtFawcett - "...a very good name in hats"

fedoralover - "I have a brown one that is on the same quality level as my vintage Borsalinos."

besdor - "this company made some of the best bodies for felt hats ... They rarely show up on OFAS ... Its a great hat from one of the hardest to find hat companies in Danbury CT."

buler

I'll Lock Up
mac_3.jpg

mac_6.jpg

mac_15.jpg

mac_14.jpg

mac_13.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot