Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

photo_17774_0-11.jpg

These poses and facial expressions befit The Addams Family.

Campy. And creepy.

So, we're up top what? 1967? '66, maybe?

They don't always get the language of the era right, but you gotta be looking pretty darned hard to find fault with the costumes and sets.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The final episode of last season took place in April 1967. Since we won't know how long it was between seasons until it returns (remember that 15-month jump betwen seasons 1 and 2?!?), I'm guessing probably late 1967. Or maybe 1968. It'll be the full-blown SIXTIES, in any case.

Have you seen Harry's sideburns and Stan's beard in the promo pix?!?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I think you're right about late 1967 and then the season getting into 1968, the peacock revolution is in full-swing now! Harry Crane in the new picture even has longer sideburns than in the party photo. I like how Don's keeping the classic look, as though he could still be right out of the late '50s.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Is the show as cool as it abandons mid century modern aesthetics? I wonder if it will have the same cultural impact? I do like the idea or the two worlds mixing. I will have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the show. My fiancé adores it and so I watch it, but...

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Is the show as cool as it abandons mid century modern aesthetics? I wonder if it will have the same cultural impact? I do like the idea or the two worlds mixing. I will have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the show. My fiancé adores it and so I watch it, but...

I'm a fan, and I've thought about that. You have a point that the further they get away from mid century modern styles the less recognizable it would become from the "original" Mad Men. I like the late '50s through early '60s period this show had beginnings in, but I think it's very interesting to see the changes to the late '60s and early '70s (I think 1972 was mentioned by Weiner).

I've just got two episodes in Season 5 to watch, so I need to hurry.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Monday Mad Men Season 6 Commentary

Looking Ahead at ‘Mad Men’
APRIL 5, 2013By Elaisha Stokes
Login Hill and Sloane Crosley predict what season six of “Mad Men” has in store for viewers.

[video]Looking Ahead at ‘Mad Men’ APRIL 5, 2013By Elaisha Stokes Login Hill and Sloane Crosley predict what season six of “Mad Men” has in store for viewers.[/video]

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm a fan, and I've thought about that. You have a point that the further they get away from mid century modern styles the less recognizable it would become from the "original" Mad Men. I like the late '50s through early '60s period this show had beginnings in, but I think it's very interesting to see the changes to the late '60s and early '70s (I think 1972 was mentioned by Weiner).

I've just got two episodes in Season 5 to watch, so I need to hurry.
I agree. The drama is inherent as the two worlds collide, but then it can also be cliché. Critics are hopeful, so I will keep an open mind. As a non-fan-viewer I'll watch with objectivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo