Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

High Pockets

Practically Family
I watched the first show the other nite,....my very first episode,.....ever.
The very next morning I went to Amazon.com and ordered the first and second seasons,.....I've got some catching up to do!!!!! And I can't wait to do so.

Thank you fellow loungers for turning me on to what I think will be an awesome series of television shows.

:)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've bought the season pass on iTunes for all three seasons (after seeing the first few episodes of season 1 and knowing I was going to want them all) and the odd thing is - next week's episode downloaded to my computer this afternoon. It seems to me in past years, it would only download the current episode right after it started airing on the East Coast.

Personally, I'm not really liking the two Brit characters, but we'll see what happens. And there's been no explanation of what happened to Duck (although it was pretty obvious where he was headed at the end of last season), and no real explanation of what happened between Don walking into the water in Malibu, and now being back at home with Betty, and with only a couple months of time unexplained. And nothing much to report on Joan's impending wedding front either...

Feraud

Bartender
lol Very true Senator J-!

I got bored with the show around a season and a half in when it became a 60s era soap opera. :)

Don needs to assemble the team and fly to Istanbul for a Topkapi inspired jewelled dagger heist.

Feraud

Bartender
^^ That would keep me rivited to the screen! :) You should be writing storylines for the show.

Draper's storyline is boring. The writers should give him a Thomas Crown like alter ego. He was made to order for the part.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
I thought what they did with Sal's character in the last episode was pretty interesting. Clearly his secret was bound to get out at some point in the storyline, but I wasn't expecting the writers to pick Don Draper. He is also keeping Peggy's secret. Plus, in my opinion it was one of the more "effective" hot and heavy scenes so far in the show!:)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I took one photo of the Times Square Premiere:
3844420804_80b3a9a429.jpg

And heres the Dewars' Mad Men Party at the Roosevelt after Sarah & I won prizes for our attire.
3844417786_9432154fa5.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
A tame season premiere.
I have to say, after that GIGANTIC promotional blitz, I was expecting more of a "welcome to the party" type episode for the millions of new fans they've surely acquired. This was NOT that.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I loved Don’s sunglasses in the “Maypole” scene - I wonder if they’re vintage, or available new.

WARNING: SPOILER BELOW

BTW, did anyone else notice that Roger’s daughter is getting married the day after President Kennedy is going to be assassinated?

-Dave

GearHead

One of the Regulars
David Conwill said:
BTW, did anyone else notice that Roger’s daughter is getting married the day after President Kennedy is going to be assassinated?

-Dave

Good catch. That one slipped by me.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I am ALL caught up on the Mad Men frenzy - albeit I did it mostly by watching recaps, a few episodes here and there, and reading the synopsis from each episode. LOVIN it.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I should mention that I think this season is getting better, but one thing I caught. When Don sent William packing without his father-in-law’s Lincoln he advised him to take the New York Central and specifically recommended the Broadway Limited. That’s not right - the Broadway Limited was the Pennsylvania Railroad’s New York-Chicago train, it’s equivalent on the NYC was the 20th Century Limited.

A little detail, but I noticed it - probably because the rest of the show seems so "right"! Kinda like the wide whitewalls on Don’s ‘62 Cadillac.

-Dave

I seem to recall their mentioning the in-laws live in Jersey, so the Broadway may be right. NY, NJ, PA.

I'm not so sure of the use of the word 'green' in the context it was used though. The MSG guy says the Times reporter is 'as green as that folder.' Though he could have been using it to mean inexperienced, I think within the context of trying to save Penn Station, they meant it in the modern sense of preservationist. There have been a few modern words I caught. The one that stuck out was 'playgroup.' We didn't have playgroups back then. We had nursery schools.

Regards,

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24