Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnoli Doctor Who / U-boat Jacket

91_Mustang

New in Town
Here is my Doctor Who replica jacket from Magnoli Clothiers. I think they did a great job. To match the look of the screen used version I asked Magnoli to use a dark brown goatskin hide, redye it black, and then lightly distress it. The lining colors were custom specified to be screen accurate as well with light tan/antique gold in the body and white with pinstripes in the sleeves. In my opinion Magnoli has nailed the pattern. I think it captures pretty much every critical design element of the original. The quality is fantastic and I'm very impressed with the finished product. The "made to measure" fit turned out excellent. It took about 13 weeks from date of order to receive the jacket but I think it was worth the wait.

4317073122_c2036d2101.jpg

4317068992_4b662bd031.jpg

4316369269_6b450dc77e.jpg

4317097754_89136c309e.jpg

4317085098_998e6e8b8f.jpg

crismans

New in Town
Beautiful jacket! This is a design that I really, really like. I really think Magnoli should use your jacket on his site as it looks a lot better than the jacket he has featured for this item.

I have an X-3 Wolverine jacket from Magnoli and everything is top shelf on it. For some reason, Magnoli seems to be under the radar somewhat (at least this is my perception) but his products really deserve a second and third look.

surdanis

New in Town
looks good!

I hope my coat turns out as good as that looks. I've not heard in a while about the status. Have fun with your new jacket! :eusa_clap

91_Mustang

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity yet to have any pictures made of me wearing the jacket. Once I do I'll try to get them posted.

91_Mustang

New in Town

crismans

New in Town

91_Mustang

New in Town
It's doing fine and has held up well for the one season I've had it. I'm looking forward to this fall so I can wear it more often.

The only complaint I can make is that when the jacket is fully buttoned up it's just a little snug on me and it loses the ability to raise the arms past 45 degrees. Fortunately unbuttoned, which is how I prefer wearing it, is very comfortable and the arm movement is not a problem.

The jacket is what I would consider "dressy" in today's world of business casual attire. It also has a look of its own that even further sets it apart from the crowd. I definitely feel that I get noticed when I wear it but so far nobody's been able to make the Doctor Who connection. I guess that's good in a way.

RayR

One of the Regulars
It's doing fine and has held up well for the one season I've had it. I'm looking forward to this fall so I can wear it more often.

The only complaint I can make is that when the jacket is fully buttoned up it's just a little snug on me and it loses the ability to raise the arms past 45 degrees. Fortunately unbuttoned, which is how I prefer wearing it, is very comfortable and the arm movement is not a problem.

The jacket is what I would consider "dressy" in today's world of business casual attire. It also has a look of its own that even further sets it apart from the crowd. I definitely feel that I get noticed when I wear it but so far nobody's been able to make the Doctor Who connection. I guess that's good in a way.

Hope no one minds me awakening this old thread. I own the original WWII jacket that this (and Doctor Who 9) are patterned after. I can say it is nearly identical. I am working up the $$$ to get one of these myself because I don't to keep wearing the antique even though it is in remarkable condition.

But I can tell you about making the Doctor Who connection...I was wearing the authentic jacket at a checkout counter last week and I asked the girl about
Kriegsmarine%201940_zpso3wnhr2z.jpg
Battlestar Gallactica. She said she never watched it and was a Doctor Who fan. So I said I like the 9th Doctor best. She said "me too". And she STILL didn't realize I was wearing the exact same coat standing right in front of her, lol

It's been 5 years...any photos of you wearing the jacket? How about a few shots of 5 years later. I'd love to see the wear.

I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats