Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnolia Clothiers Question

rosscoinc1

Familiar Face
Does anyone have any experience or info about

I see a couple of items reasonably priced I would be interested in and would to know what the communities thoughts are.
Thanks,
Ross.

F. J.

One of the Regulars
Firstly, I would recommend reading through some of the threads you find here (link). They might have some of the answers you are looking for.

Also, the company is Magnoli, not Magnolia, after the owner, Indy Magnoli, who also happens to be a member here.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I'm familiar with Magnoli. A tad expensive, but they have top notch quality items. I'd definitely vouch for them any day.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have quite a few shirts and a pair of shoes and I highly recommend them. I had a photo of a 1940s 'aviator' cross-breasted sports shirt and asked Indy if he could remake it. "Absolutely," was the reply. The result was so good I ordered a second shirt, the first in tan and the second in burgundy. Here's a pic of the vintage one I sent him:
Shirt Aviator 4.jpg

And here's the tan repro:
aviator shirt copy.jpg

So, yeah, he can pretty much recreate anything!

Edward

Bartender
I've handled, though not owned, some items from Magnoli which seemed nice. The main difficulty anyone seemed to have was with measurements: best to make sure and get your measurements done by a competent tailor / seamstress rather than trying to go DIY.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I have quite a few shirts and a pair of shoes and I highly recommend them. I had a photo of a 1940s 'aviator' cross-breasted sports shirt and asked Indy if he could remake it. "Absolutely," was the reply. The result was so good I ordered a second shirt, the first in tan and the second in burgundy. Here's a pic of the vintage one I sent him:
View attachment 124637

And here's the tan repro:
View attachment 124638
So, yeah, he can pretty much recreate anything!

Man oh man what a shirt! If I were a ahem... "gentleman of leisure" I'd go for that look in a minute!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy