Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Making a Film noir short, need costuming help-

VintageFilmaker

New in Town
I'm going on vacation in a few weeks, and I realized the place I am staying (a lighthouse, in the middle of the ocean no less ;) ) would be a perfect place to make a short, a short Noir film. I've got plenty of appropriate clothes myself, but I'm looking for clothes for my other actors.
Here's the Character list.

Time setting 1944
1. Arnold Mason- Lighthouse keeper
Typical Keeper Uniform. Similar to this. Probably a Pea Coat
and a Sailors cap, minus the pin. This part will appear for only a moment.
wolcott2.jpg

2. Jim Weigh- Keeper Boy-
Thinking- Stetson, Work shirt, Balmoral boots or something similar, suspenders and wool pinks, or simillar.

3."Dan"-Mysterious figure.
Attempts to kill Jim- Arnold arrives just in time.

The Island it is located on is covered with WWI bunkers, and armory buildings, so its a perfect location. Basically, if anyone has anything to add as far as time period accuracy, I'd love to hear it. I don't want to have someone wearing a suit cut from a 50's pattern lol Don't want to give the plot away and ruin it for everyone though. :)

Bugsy

One Too Many
VintageFilmaker said:
I'm going on vacation in a few weeks, and I realized the place I am staying (a lighthouse, in the middle of the ocean no less ;) ) would be a perfect place to make a short, a short Noir film. I've got plenty of appropriate clothes myself, but I'm looking for clothes for my other actors.
Here's the Character list.

Time setting 1944
1. Arnold Mason- Lighthouse keeper
Typical Keeper Uniform. Similar to this. Probably a Pea Coat
and a Sailors cap, minus the pin. This part will appear for only a moment.
wolcott2.jpg

2. Jim Weigh- Keeper Boy-
Thinking- Stetson, Work shirt, Balmoral boots or something similar, suspenders and wool pinks, or simillar.

3."Dan"-Mysterious figure.
Attempts to kill Jim- Arnold arrives just in time.

The Island it is located on is covered with WWI bunkers, and armory buildings, so its a perfect location. Basically, if anyone has anything to add as far as time period accuracy, I'd love to hear it. I don't want to have someone wearing a suit cut from a 50's pattern lol Don't want to give the plot away and ruin it for everyone though. :)

You might try some of the better vintage clothing stores in your area. Many of them will rent clothes for shorts periods of time.

millbrookmusic

Familiar Face
Hey VintageFilmaker,
I don't have much help to offer I just wanted to tip my hat and ask where I can go to see some of your vintage films. I'm a bit of a vintage filmaker myself (I make silents) and I'm always interested in what others are doing in similar genres. Good luck!

Daniel

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Noir shorts are the best shorts, in my opinion.
(Now I'm imagining boxer shorts printed with little trenchcoats and fedoras)

I think you need a femme fatale, though. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner