Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marilyn without make up!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
A Touching Tribute, with many pictures of a young Marilyn and a glimpse of before and after, with and without makeup!

[video=youtube;fvATWeZdukU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvATWeZdukU&feature=related[/video]

As a brunette she reminds one, of Esther Williams?

Ester%20Williams%20crop%20w%20caps.jpg

Last edited:

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
She was so photogenic, wasn't she, with or without makeup, blonde or brunette?

I was a bit unnerved after watching so many pictures pass by of her, so gorgeous and full of life, and then that penultimate shot of her grave...shudder.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
What I'd like to see more clearly the difference between pre and post plastic surgery. She had some sort of work done on I think her nose and also her chin. You can see a difference, but you can't see what it is.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
What I'd like to see more clearly the difference between pre and post plastic surgery. She had some sort of work done on I think her nose and also her chin. You can see a difference, but you can't see what it is.

Marilyn did indeed get a nosejob and an implant in her chin (which apparently disolved over time) in the early 1950's - you can see the change here:

5MarilynMonroemm.jpg

Gorgeous before and after......

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Fletch - beautiful photo - I love her as a brunette too (sometimes it looked like she had a tinge of red too). All the photos that Andre de Dienes took of her were stunning - here's another one:

marilyn_12_snow.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Just looking at her photos makes you feel better right away. She was a one off and there will never be anyone like her again, she seems to be lit up from the inside somehow, she just glows.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Just looking at her photos makes you feel better right away. She was a one off and there will never be anyone like her again, she seems to be lit up from the inside somehow, she just glows.

That's lovely and so true! My little girl (who is 7 months old) LOVES this large photo I have of Marilyn on our bedroom wall (the Milton Greene ballerina one) - she looks at it every morning and just beams! I said it before - when you look at photos of Marilyn with people everyone is smiling - she just seems to have that effect on people - like here:

MarilynSam_Shaw_Manhatten_1957.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Brunette Marilyn is even lovelier, for my money, than the icon.

Here's one you'll all like - a fall theme and classic denim too.
marilyn-monroe-brunette-pumpkin-patch.jpg

Really gorgeous! I've never seen this photo, and like others, have a ton of Marilyn books. I think she looked amazing brunette and blonde, but I definitely prefer her pre-surgery, pre-icon look. Always a looker!

marilyn-monroe-11.jpg

marilyn-monroe-14.jpg

X
BD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR