Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching hats and professions....

coble

A-List Customer
i was a steel worker, shipping out 20 to 30 ft bar stock pump shaft quality steel to oil companies, the military, and mom and pop shops, drove a forklift and packaged boxes with metal bands, loaded 18 wheelers.
I now leave on Jan.9th for the Navy, as an aviation boatswains mate handler directing jets and helo's, unless i leave in dec if i roll in early with the same job or a different job. So i wear any hat that strikes my fancy, from fedoras, bowlers, homburgs. Will wear my many covers in the Navy, and off time wear the hats i love.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
I work in a warehouse. Right now I am in "special projects" which consists of tearing down steel racks and moving them to another area where we put them back up. At the beginning of next year I will be a material handler which will be much less messy and dusty. I wear the cap from this picture to work.

001-2.jpg

I do wear fedoras to union meetings that are after work hours but inside the warehouse is way too filthy and there are way too many forklifts that pose a hat crushing hazard.

coble

A-List Customer
lamour, i did the same thing, always wore my newsboy cap, then even considering wearing my fedoras due to having to climb racks checking inventory tags then climbing down the rack and getting on the forklift to remove the box from the rack, it is easier to wash my newsboy once a week, could only imagine the black dirt stains on my fedoras if i wore those. Plus in winter my wool newsboy cap kept me warm. Those of you who have ever worked in a steel warehouse, the temp. drops 10 degrees then what it is outside due to the amount of steel. Dont miss the grime, and steel shavings in my boots from occasionally running the saw.

by the way i really like the cap Lamour.

coble

A-List Customer
lamour thank you, i love the video of them showing their caps, nice caps for sure. This is why i love coming to the The fedora lounge, we have great people like Lamour. Thanks again.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Being a PE teacher, one would think that a ball cap is a natural. But no, I wear fedoras, pretty much exclusively, with an occasional porkpie thrown in, and even more occasionally, an 8 panel cap.

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
As an airline pilot I wear a cap. The last time the union tried a "job action" it consisted of taking off their caps. Silly. The company's response was to make the caps optional. I still wear mine. It covers my "helmet hair" from riding my motorcycle. This week I bought my first fedora, a Stetson Temple in a neutral grey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum