Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McGregor Drizzler or Baracuta G-9...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
On sale!

I found a McGregor Drizzler on sale at Restoration Hardware of all places. It was normally $79 but they had it on sale for $21 with $6 S&H. Not a bad deal. They only have the stone & dark blue. Sort of found it by accident. Was Googling for a Drizzler and went to the images section and picked the first best looking image. Go figure.

So I went ahead & ordered one in stone this weekend, and it should be here by the end of the week.

I still want the Baracuta G-9, but I think I can wait on that.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up

Edward

Bartender
I do like the Drizzler, though I've yet to see one in the UK. I do have a couple of fairly similar jackets of later manufacture, but in the same fifties style whichh I like a lot. I've also become something of a fan of the G9 style over the past few years. I can't justify the cost of the genuine Baracuta (not yet seen a new one in my size for under GBP100), but there are plenty of more affordable options. To date the best I have found in terms of quality and VFM is the Merc offering, which averages half the price of the G9. Nice neat cut to it - as with leather jackets, cheaper seems to equal blousier. The main detail that the Merc lacks compared to the G9 is the raglan sleeve, having instead regular, set-in sleeves.

Merc:

img-thing

black_harrington_merc_london_2.jpg

As you can see, the body of the Merc is lined in a Royal Stewart tartan; sleeves are lined in a satin-type fabric. The collar ends are also shorter on the Merc, giving it an appearance closer to a regular shirt-type collar than that on the G9. G9:

g9lightblue.jpg

Of course, I'd still very much like to have a Baracuta or two, but I'll have to wait for that killer eBay deal. A great jacket style for those Summer evenings too hot for leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace