Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McGregor Drizzler & Woolrich Safari Jackets

ladydaysvintage

New in Town
Hi everyone, new here :)

I was wondering if anyone here had any information or could point me in the direction of how to date these items.

The 1st is a McGregor Drizzler. One person said 60's and someone else said 90's so I'm a bit confused. Hope I'm posting the pictures right.

This is the Woolrich. I would be inclined to say 70's but then I saw an ad for 50's and the collar looked similar. Also does anyone know what kind of jacket this is. I know it's safari, but why the suede at the top?

Thank you in advance for any help.

I really hope I did this right, and did not break any of the rules.

ladydaysvintage

New in Town
OK, sorry no pictures, not sure what I did wrong?

100_2601.jpg

100_2609.jpg

100_2568.jpg

100_2579.jpg

Mike K.

One Too Many
Welcome to the Fedora Lounge! I can't offer much input on the first jacket, but the safari jacket is a different story. I would date the jacket at 1960s or 70s, possibly earlier. The suede patches are actually shooting pads, designed to offer a little extra grip and some padding when firing a rifle. Overall, the jacket is quite similar to the Bob Allen safari/hunting jackets that commonly sell on eBay and date from the same period. Material looks to be the standard cotton twill, but the tag says to dry clean only - that's because of the suede shoulder patches. A nice find!

ladydaysvintage

New in Town
Mike thank you so much.
I sent an email off to Woolrich, and forgot to send the pictures :eek: so they wrote back today asking for pictures. I'll update you if they have any additional information.
Thank you for the welcome and the help :)

Salv

One Too Many
Drizzler's have been around since the late 1940s and are essentially unchanged, however the collar on your jacket is very different to the collar on any other Drizzler I've ever seen. The collars length and shape look distinctly 70s to me, as does the label. I'm certain it's not as recent as the 90s, and I don't think McGregor would have gone for large collars in the 60s.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
A general rule of thumb is that "Made in the USA" does not appear on garment labels until 1970 or so (the year 1972 sticks out in my mind). The circle R trademark symbol also doesn't appear much earlier than the mid-sixties.

Out of curiosity because I love Drizzlers, what kind of zipper does it have, and are the sleaves set in or raglan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925