Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McQueen A2 jacket in Great Escape

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Why is it not good to reuse and old thread? I don't see what the problem is. Isn't it better to reuse an old thread about one topic than to have 5 new threads about the same thing? Avoid redundancy. After all, how many threads do we have about "check out my new jacket" when we could just have one "show us your new jacket" thread anyways?

Why is it not good to reuse and old thread? I don't see what the problem is. Isn't it better to reuse an old thread about one topic than to have 5 new threads about the same thing? Avoid redundancy. After all, how many threads do we have about "check out my new jacket" when we could just have one "show us your new jacket" thread anyways?
Nothing wrong, per se. But answering a three year old question is kinda dopey, isn't it? I think in three years, someone has got their answer or moved on...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong, per se. But answering a three year old question is kinda dopey, isn't it? I think in three years, someone has got their answer or moved on...
Hey, I'm still trying to decide if Miller Lite taste great or is less filling!

fukigen

Familiar Face

yes, I totally agree...
this is why I apologized... was the evening, a bit tired, read some threads and reply to that one without even seeing posts date... I realize the mistake after the reply of majormajor, I was quite confused...

yes, I totally agree...this is why I apologized... was the evening, a bit tired, read some threads and reply to that one without even seeing posts date... I realize the mistake after the reply of majormajor, I was quite confused...
No no - wasn't ragging on you for that - you saw the age and realized. The other chap didn't quite get it though, so hence my reply to him :)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Original A-2 done up as a V.Hilts "Great Escape" jacket!
But remind yourself, it's all make believe when it comes to Virgil Hilts in his boondockers, drainpipe trousers, cut down sweatshirt..etc, knocking around a German POW camp with a leather baseball glove. But it's an image many of us still like!!

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?
GreatEscapeA2fromAero2.jpg

Apparently not entirely. A year or two ago I caught a television program narrated by actor James Coburn,
an alumnus of the film centered on the American pilot McQueen's character is supposedly based.
Not a college draftee but a professional who had flown on Doolittle's infamous raid before being shot
down in Europe. The motorcycle stuff after the escape seems based on fact not fantasy.
After the war this individual continued his military career and retired either as a colonel or brigadier general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot