Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Men in Uniform" exhibit at New Haven, CT Historic Society

ledsled

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure where to place this blurb, but I wanted to let Loungers know about an upcoming exhibit at the New Haven Historic Society. The reason I am placing this under the "hats" section is that the poster announcing the exhibit shows a portrait of a colonial times officer with no hat, and it says "why did portraits of men in uniform not show them with their head gear on"? What a tease! I'll have to wait until the exhibit comes to find out.

There's probably a bunch portraits of colonial uniformed officers showing hats, but it will be interesting to find out what the scoop is from this exhibit.

I'll have to post a follow-up with the exact dates, since I am writing this from memory :rolleyes: I think the exhibit is going to run something like November 21st to January 27th..... please don't count on those dates until I confirm them.

If anyone's familiar with New Haven, the Historic Society is on Whitney Ave., near the intersection of Trumbull Street. Get off the Trumbull Street exit of I-91 (which is close to the I-95/I-91 interchange), go straight through the first stoplight at the bottom of the exit, take a right at the next stop light (onto Whitney Ave.). The Historic Society is the brick building across the street. There's a very small triangular park in the middle of Whitney Ave. in front of it.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Updated Info.

It turns out the exhibit is on NOW, and ends January 27th, 2007. It's at the New Haven Colony Historical Society at 114 Whitney Ave., New Haven, CT. The hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10-5 and Saturday, 12-5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy