Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

Robe Connoisseur

New in Town
I own many. This one has been my favorite for a while. Silver with a black deco pattern along with black trim and lining. Shawl collars are my preference. You can't see, but underneath are silver satin pajamas with black pinstripes.

1536711_566536756757104_1673721368_n.jpg

Robe Connoisseur

New in Town
The robe in the picture above has a softer and smoother feel, but not so much as the satin polyester of today, so I think it's post-1950...maybe as recent as the 80's. It has the classic style to it and looks like some that I've seen people wear on old tv shows in the 60's. The tag says "Capwelli California". I'm going to say it's original. I bought a pair of satin pajamas from that same Chinese seller on ebay. In fact, they are the same ones I'm wearing underneath that you can't see in the picture above. They are amazing, but I wish I could find some with a button up for the pants. These ones just rely on the elastic waist. And I usually don't like ordering stuff from China or Hong Kong because the shipping usually takes long.

$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl78IBR))jF6Ntg~~60_1.JPG

Nobert

Practically Family
herringbonekid;1744787this is the exact gown i'm looking for: [IMG said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/herringbonekid/main%20album/Knightley_gown_zps968cf4a7.jpg[/IMG]

Me too! Assuming the woman's still in it.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Dear Robe Connoisseur,

Welcome to the lounge! I love that photo of you in the silver/black robe/dressing gown. I am also a "connoisseur" of smoking jackets, robes, dressing gowns, etc... and like you, own many! Would love to chat with you sometime about our common interests!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Some time ago, whilst rummaging through some old patterns at a vintage market, I came across a pattern for men's pyjamas that rather took my fancy. My wife said that they would be easy to make. I now have quite few pairs of vintage style pyjamas, although I still find it too hot to wear them whilst sleeping.
"You need a dressing gown, to match those pyjamas," my wife informed me, and made me one. I posted the picture of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
There you go, found it.

Last edited by a moderator:

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
I picked this Weldon set up the other day. Silky cold rayon trousers, shirt, and robe (with belt!) in a foulard pattern, just lovely! It really seems 1940s to me but I'm having some trouble researching it so if someone feels I'm off, please chime in. Weldon made pajamas, of rayon and other fabrics, for a long time, and I can't find a reliable label resource. There are no fabric content labels or washing instructions so they're definitely "older". Scovill "gripper" snaps at the fly, which were invented in 1930. I haven't been able to find out when the little stretching man symbol was registered.

P1080120.jpg P1080107.jpg P1080124.jpg P1080126.jpg P1080125.jpg

Last edited:

mactire

New in Town
Have to say love the chinoiserie style gown, anyone able to recommend sources for good vintage style pyjamas? I've read through the thread but didn;t see anything modern that inspired.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I've been to docs to have my ears syringed today, I thought I'd treat myself to a trip to a couple of local charity sops on the way back and found this CWS ( Co-Operative Wholesale Society) dressing gown from the 50's?.
It's made from wool and in very good condition indeed, just one tassle has come off the rope belt but it was in the pocket...which was nice!
2u6ebk8.jpg
jv0kn4.jpg

14x1bep.jpg
103xvsh.jpg

292xiki.jpg
6hly8o.jpg

2w2fzlu.jpg

The wool's surface has gone a bit 'bobbly' but may brush out? there are a coupls of food? marks on it any ideas about washing the thing without shrinking it??

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Great find Esteban - looks as sturdy as any overcoat you might buy today! Perhaps a rinse out in the tub might do the trick to reduce the food stains? I don't know whether that sort of wool is any more or less delicate than normal, but it would probably be best to freshen it up that way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21