Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mesh shoes

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
2tonemesh.jpg

whenever i see interesting vintage shoes on ebay i save a picture. these are mainly leather and nylon mesh correspondents/spectators apart from one pair which are leather/suede.
i love this type of shoe. the last pair are mine. they are currently in hibernation waiting for early summer to return. perhaps you're looking at a pair you won ?

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
All Very Hot Shoes

Herringbone Kid, thanks for posting the pics those are ALL very hot shoes. The retro shoes (Stacy Adams) just pale compared to the original period ones your showing. I wear a Size 11, almost impossible to find. When you do wear the shoes in season what kind of reaction do you get if any to them??? Peter ;)

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Solid Citizen said:
...... I wear a Size 11, almost impossible to find..... ......When you do wear the shoes in season what kind of reaction do you get if any to them??? Peter ;)

the pair above on the marble floor were a size 11. i was bidding on them but lost out.
the first time i wore my mesh shoes i had two positive comments from strangers. generally i find that even people who dress 'normally' will agree that 30s/40s clothes look special.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Those look like the Looney special!

Found a pair that look like these for a Loon up in Northern Manitoba! To those who don't know what a looney is, it's a one dollar coin.

These look very much like mine!

leatherandmesh2ww.jpg

11 hard to find? Hahahhah, try anything in a 12 or a 13!!! Infact the pair of mesh I have are 13's! They're just a hair too big but, I have managed to live with it.;)

I'd also die happy to have a pair of these!

twotone3bu.jpg

Any one see these "Dream boats" on ebay a few months ago? I'd kill for a pair like these! If they were my size, I would have them today! stupid size 9's!
c612sb7ya.jpg

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24