Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Paul Smith - Classic Car Models WOW

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Models!

REALLY great work! I can tell on a few photos they are models, but I've also been building models for over 20 years- my eye is highly trained.

A lot of the kits you see in his photos are VERY hard to come by- a lot of them are probably hand-cast resin kits, which typically can rack up almost $100 once it's all said and done.

GREAT stuff! Most of these would be great desktop backgrounds....

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
No disrespect to the man's work, it's really cool. But those are mostly, if not all, Franklin and Danbury Mint diecasts. I have the '48 and '49 Buicks, and one or two others. Still, it's very clever. The pics just need people. It looks like a town out in the Nevada desert awaiting a bomb test.

jsands

New in Town
Wow, those are neat! I once met a gentleman who lived in Bel Air, MD (I delivered a car part to him) who made a dealership diorama. It was fascinating how accurate in detail it was (both interior and exterior), and it showed off his model collection quite nicely.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
StraightEight said:
No disrespect to the man's work, it's really cool. But those are mostly, if not all, Franklin and Danbury Mint diecasts. I have the '48 and '49 Buicks, and one or two others. Still, it's very clever. The pics just need people. It looks like a town out in the Nevada desert awaiting a bomb test.
I was wondering if any were diecast, but I figure he probably had a lot of work in the buildings, etc. When you look at the final product, it shows great creativity.

Chas

One Too Many
Crazy, man. Do you get out much?

I kid. Fabulous work; it looks like a movie set. I especially like the shot of the two Chevy Impalas; gorgeous colors- and I like the choices; one light green and one copper.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Models yes, but artistic YES!

StraightEight said:

I know they are die-cast models. BUT, the style, photography, model homes/scenery, background, LIGHTING....wowo. He took standard model cars and placed them in a setting of true "vintage", no?

I think his flair for the historic/vintage is excellent. Good job!

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
I have to agree with you Anykev. I am very impressed. Many of the photos are like a time freeze--they sure catch the feel of another era. My modeling skills have a long way to go for sure.

epr25

Practically Family
The Best Dioramas & Models Ever Seen!

My husband found these on one of his vintage boating sites. They simply amazing! Here is one and the links will take you the rest.

2346011333_aeb52dc4b3.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/sets/72157604247242338/show/with/2346008881/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/sets/72157604247242338/show/with/2346008881/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou