Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mid Century Modern easy chair

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Would you call this Hollywood Regency? It belonged to my late mother in law, bought in the mid 60's. Always had plastic on it, which is now pretty nasty. But it protected the upholstery. Looked on Ebay for similar stuff, but couldn't find much. Is $250 too much to ask for this chair? For a fellow Lounger I'd probably come down a lot. It's in Brooklyn, You'd have to be able to pick it up.
Rozchair2.jpg

Rozchair1.jpg

The material:
Rozchairmaterial.jpg

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
I waaaant it!

I couldn't get farther from Brooklyn if I tried however. Dang!

Darling, $250 is a STEAL. That is an original fabric Mid-Century marvel in the Hollywood Regency style. I would scope the furn sites from LA. You've got a dandy.

:eusa_clap

Really, $250 is a STEAL if the fabric was trashed. You might want to go higher.

PS> What else is in that basement?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have a lot of dishes and glassware, some of which I want to keep, and a lot of 70's & 80's NICE ladies clothing. A lot of well dressed ladies all died at once.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I might be interested enough-depends on how we'd ship it up to Mass.-
any ideas? and got to figure in the cost- been a lot of years since I've
had to ship furniture, fortunately...could you please PM me?
thanks m

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bump

After going through the aggravation of getting myself half moved, I've decided that the sensible thing would be to sell this chair as I had originally intended. Still asking $250, if anybody's interested. It's in Brooklyn Heights now, and if you want it you'll have to pick it up.
Also, after looking at some old family photos, I'm thinking this might date from the 40's, with a reupholstering job in the 60's. Not sure tho.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I might be interested. I'm going away Wednesday though, not gonna be back for a week. I'll see if we can stuff anymore furniture into the house / afford it :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Booomp

Well, Craigslist has been a total bust for me on this chair. It's really nifty, but I guess it's not for everybody. I have it listed there for $250. but for a Lounger I'll go to $225. Maybe less, depending on how fed up I get with having it still around. I've never listed anything on Ebay, and am a little leary of what's involved.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
If you can't find someone to take it online, maybe consider bringing it to an antiques flea market or dealer? I know here in Toronto there are vintage furniture stores that specialize in 60s furniture - and charge exorbitant amounts. For them to charge so much I would assume they pay people well for their things?

Wish I was closer to Brooklyn or I would pick this up in a heartbeat.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Another BUMP for my olde chair

The chair has been sitting out of sight out of mind for a couple of months, but it's still available. Anyone interested?

ideaguy

One Too Many
OK-
as a former antiques dealer, my rusty advice is to get photos of it to as many
dealers in your area as possible; take better photos, with the plastic off,
front, side, back, tip it over(!) and take one with the cushion off ( if it comes off); dealers will pick up - it's their business to haul stuff, don't let anybody
snow you on that one...
be a little flexible with your pricing- the idea is to move the piece, not hold
your ground forever over a $100. chair... if someone offers you $150. to take
it away- take the CASH.
Here endeth the lesson.
good luck
M

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Shipping is obscenely expensive these days. It could easily cost more than the chair itself. I bought three or four large items on Ebay recently, and the shipping was much more than the item. I'll try to find out what it would be, but it will probably be horrendous.
Can you give a location a little more specific than "June Cleaver's School for Girls"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot