Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midwest Pearl Harbor Reenactment - Urgent Call for Reenactors

indieflmkr

Familiar Face
Attention Fellow Reenactors:

I'm sorry for the short notice, but a very unique and exciting opportunity has come up.

The Southern Minnesota Wing of the Commemorative Air Force is having it's annual air show May 27, 28 and 29 at the Red Wing Municipal Airport in Bay City, WI.

As part of the event they have booked the CAF's Tora, Tora, Tora Squadron to perform a Pearl Harbor reenactment with pyro.* I have suggested to the local wing to include reenactors on the ground to interact with what the Tora, Tora, Tora planes are doing.* They loved the idea.* I explained that this is a very busy time for reenactors and that 4 weeks is difficult to arrange such an event.* They have set a May 14th deadline to determine whether the necessary reenactor involvment is there or not.

With that said, I am putting out this call to all Reenactors who are interested in participating in this event.

The scenario:* Pearl Harbor attack on Army Air Field, 07 DEC 1941

Reenactors required:

At least 20 men and women in the following impressions:

Early War US Impressions:

Army Sentries on patrol
Air Corps Ground Crew
Air Corps pilots
Army/Navy Nurses & medics
Naval Personnel

If you are interested, please send and email with the requested information below.

In addition to the Pearl Harbor reenactment, they are other additional reenacting events during the show including:

Friday the 27th is an Education day, they are looking for any reenactor impression to do static displays for bus loads of school kids for this day.
ETO public battle (open to Alllied and German impressions)
Living History display for all WWII impressions and vehicles
One site camping for the entire event
Meals will be provided
Transportation for period vehicles can be arranged.

Please forward this notice to anyone you think may be interested in participating in any of the above activities.* For more info about the air show visit:* www.wingsoffreedom.org

REQUEST FOR PARTICIPATION (Submit by 12 MAY 05):

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email Address:
Parent Organization (if any):

I can commit to participating on the following days:

May 27th (Education Day):* Yes, no, maybe

May 28th:* Yes, No, Maybe

May 29th:* Yes, No, Maybe

I can commit to participating in the following activities:

Living History Static Display:* Yes, no, maybe

ETO Public Battle Reenactment:** Yes, no, maybe
If yes, what is your impression?

Pearl Harbor Reenactment:** Yes, no, maybe
If yes, what is your impression?

I can provide period vehicles for the event:* Yes, no, maybe
If yes, do you need CAF to transport vehicles for you?

I can provided extra equipment and/or uniforms to help outfit other reenactors for the Pearl Harbor reenactment:** Yes, no, maybe
If yes - what can you provided?

Questions, comments, suggestions?

Please email your responses to:* indieflmkr@aol.com

Deadline:* May 12th, 2005

Jake

One of the Regulars
I could fly in but, they seem to discourage it upon reading the pilot notes section. I could give them a call, as I have a rare plane, one of about 100. It's not exactly WWII vintage but it does have the lines of a trainer, similar to a T-34. Sorry I do not have enough clothing to participate in the re-enactment.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Wish I could have been there!

Wish I could have been there. That's right up my alley! But I was an extra for some "Uncivil War" filming that I was committed to.

How did it go???

Brody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24