Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mike Sullivan vs John Smith (who's "The Man" in your eyes?)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
YES...you do know who I'm talking about :) Pull that seat up to auld Paddy here, pour me a Bushmills and let me remind you...;)

John Smith (Bruce Willis) as the gangster and gun for hire in 1931 on the run to Mexico from a shady past in prohibition Chicago. Famous for his leather double shoulder holster housing two 45's! He plays one mob gang against another in the border desert town of Jericho, until there is only the "Last Man Standing" (the name of the film folks!).

Then there's Mike Sullivan (Tom Hanks), again set in 30's prohibition America, Mike is a gangster hit man for an Irish mob family. His youngest child and wife get 'whacked' by one of the mob bosses' sons (Daniel Craig, the new James Bond), so Mike and his eldest son have to go on the run while 'he' works out his strategy for revenge.

IF you had to chose 'just one' which would it be and WHY? SO..WHICH character 'does it for you?' In terms of attitude, character and downright 'cool' 30's dress?

sullivan09-1.jpg

Road20to20Perdition.jpg

2002_road_to_perdition_005.jpg

WillislastmanJPEG.jpg

fcs_lt_0029.jpg

co3.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Mike Sullivan, hands down.
I'm Irish, hail Chicago's Irish Southside, the Church (the after school
blackboard chalk session while the nun is at her desk..."I will not fight in class"
brought back memories), his conflicted soul, and his love for his son.
:cry:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Harp said:
(the after school blackboard chalk session while the nun is at her desk..."I will not fight in class" brought back memories)
I just got a cramp in my hand thinking of all the I Will Nots I authored. :p

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
John Smith says Devil's Advocate..! That two handed holster and his skills at playing one crime family off against another AND ...doesn't he suit that Fedora SO WELL..!

John Smith - a palooka that can handle a pair of 45's will get you out of a tight spot when the chips are down. Not to say that I don't like Mike - it's just Mike is a virtuoso with the Chicago chopper.

(Speaking of great scenes the Boss in Miller's Crossing walking down the street with the Thmpson is always a rush.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo