Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan Porkpie to 20's/30's Style Tall Center Dent

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This is exactly the look I love most in any hat - straw or felt. Awesome job, Josh.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A bit late to the party - Josh, congrats on this first-rate conversion job! The new crown shape is awesome, and what's more, it works extremely well for you!

If you're late Rabbit, I'm even later.

I love how the hat has come out, Josh - million times better than the original porkpie. Makes me want to find a milan just to play myself.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
DSC07172.jpg

That 52 block is just the best and the flange gave a great lift to the brim.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
A bit late to the party - Josh, congrats on this first-rate conversion job! The new crown shape is awesome, and what's more, it works extremely well for you!

This is exactly the look I love most in any hat - straw or felt. Awesome job, Josh.

If you're late Rabbit, I'm even later.

I love how the hat has come out, Josh - million times better than the original porkpie. Makes me want to find a milan just to play myself.

Looks great. Oozes quality.

Great pics
that hat has a nice profile from all angals, thanks for posting em !

That 52 block is just the best and the flange gave a great lift to the brim.

THANK YOU very much for the wonderful words, Gentlemen!!! :):):):)

David, you should try to find a tall porkpie Milan. Not too many people like porkpies, so it seems that they can be had pretty cheaply. If its a tall porkpie with a deep crease, there's probably enough material to work with for a tall crown.

Ed, the 6 inch 52 block is absolutely my favorite block. The block that I used wasn't marked 52, but it was even straighter than another block that I have that's marked 952. (952 is the same as a 52 block) The block that I used is incredibly straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner