Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller/Biltmore "Open Door" review.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Has anybody else bought a Biltmore Open Door/Open Road hat?? I would love to see more pictures. I'm sure they are hard to come by now since they are no longer made in Canada. When I first got into hats, I bought a Biltmore Senator and its felt is 100 times finer and better finished than Hatco's felts. Biltmore's felt is also felted much denser, so its more like the vintage stuff.....or at least it WAS better, I'm not sure what its going to be like now after the move.

Anyways, I would love to see more pictures of this hat. Please post them.

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
This is another case of what I would do if I could do it over again. Back in the spring of 2011 I was at the Biltmore factory outlet store and they had a few Open Doors. At the time I thought they were too much of a cowboy hat for me so I passed, but as time went by the style began to grow on me. Of course, by the time I had decided that I wanted one they no longer had one in my size. (That also happend with several other styles.) I say again,I miss that place.

Duper

Practically Family
I just noticed the Miller website seems to be very messed up, lots of missing links etc. I tried to call the 800 number listed and the voice message was not very useful. Another number listed on their website was not in service. They must be missing out on some sales with the current state of affairs.

I just noticed the Miller website seems to be very messed up, lots of missing links etc. I tried to call the 800 number listed and the voice message was not very useful. Another number listed on their website was not in service. They must be missing out on some sales with the current state of affairs.

I thought they just went all military headwear on us....????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany