Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller Fed & Bailey Homburg

babs

A-List Customer
A couple hats to support my quest for a little something Australian. ;)

1st hat: Miller Fedora, made by Biltmore 7 1/4
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=831679&postcount=5034
I found the original auction..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120444772613

Black fur felt, medium width snap brim. Soft felt but solid sturdy.
I haven't actually worn it.. I'd consider it pretty much a new condition hat. I did give it gentle stretch with a wide vintage stretcher to make it fit my noggin which I "thought" was a 7 1/4 but in actuality I'm somewhere between a 7 1/4 and a 3/8 (58.5ish cm), so if you fit large 7 1/4 or up to 7 3/8 this hat is a perfect fit now. Though I do imagine the hat will quickly revert back to it's accurate 7 1/4 size if left alone. Here's the screw-up.. My wife got rid of the box. I'll double-check but I'm pretty sure it's gone. No worries, I will pack well though in a good box, as I just received another hat yesterday with good packing materials and tissue, etc.

I have $47 total in the hat from the paypal record.
Offering $40 shipped continental US, OBO.

2nd hat: Bailey Homburg they call the "Godfather" (Large) 7 1/4 - 7 3/8
https://www.thefedorastore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3817 <-- click on hat for a nice close-up.
My 1st purchase of a good hat. Wool felt, black. I can take pics of the actual hat also and would be glad to. Though not a vintage fur felt, I have to say the felt is nice and the construction solid. Comfy sweatband.

Size Large which fits me well.. I place it right as they list them, in the 7 1/4 to 7 3/8 range and can take accurate length/width and circumference measurements on request. Worn once with many compliments to confer a degree at my lodge. Great looking hat I think.

It was $50 plus shipping to me. $35 shipped to you cont. US. My loss your gain.

I'm sorta new here and haven't sold here but I'm bsbabcock on ebay 100% and have sold/bought through forums some and am a stand up fellow. :) Thanks for looking.

Scott

babs

A-List Customer
If I may resurrect..

The Bailey Homburg is still for sale. $30+shipping continental US ??? Fair?

Granted it's no vintage fur felt, but it's a sharp hat and very very comfortable. I wore it once as Master of the Lodge to confer a degree and for that purpose it's excellent.. Homburgs as not as antiquated as a top-hat, but more "formal" than a fed. I've also seen horse folks use them for English pleasure shows as well and for that, it'd be an excellent hat that could take the abuse of the horse ring without a big investment.

Right now I have it on my dresser with rolls of coins weighting the sides of the brims to flatten the front profile a bit. It's a solid modern wool. For wool felt, as opposed to fur, it's really a fairly nice felt job.

I'll try to get pics of the actual hat.

Ya know what.. If you're interested we can talk about throwing in the Miller Biltmore.. I pseudo pork-pied it and it's a nice little 'modern'. 7 1/4.

I simply don't need the hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran