Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minimum Annual Usage

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I got into nice outerwear because I wanted a smaller collection of better jackets that I would wear often. I really hate the feeling of clutter when you have a house full of poorly made garbage you never use. I currently have 6 cloth jackets and 3 leather jackets, but some of these are crappy old ones that I plan to ditch as I move to higher quality stuff. At the moment I only have one autumn/spring jacket, a bedford cord trucker from viapiana that I wear pretty much every day during those seasons and one HH jacket from JL on it's way. For winter jackets I have my shearling jacket from JL, an Iron Heart N1, plus my old pop's M51 and two vintage wool jackets I never use and have trouble justifying keeping around. I once thought about just having one autumn and one winter weather jacket, but if you ever needed repairs or something on one you would be SOL.

That's exactly how it started for me - I ended up with around 50 jackets. I replaced 8 crappy ones.

I got into nice outerwear because I wanted a smaller collection of better jackets that I would wear often. I really hate the feeling of clutter when you have a house full of poorly made garbage you never use. I currently have 6 cloth jackets and 3 leather jackets, but some of these are crappy old ones that I plan to ditch as I move to higher quality stuff. At the moment I only have one autumn/spring jacket, a bedford cord trucker from viapiana that I wear pretty much every day during those seasons and one HH jacket from JL on it's way. For winter jackets I have my shearling jacket from JL, an Iron Heart N1, plus my old pop's M51 and two vintage wool jackets I never use and have trouble justifying keeping around. I once thought about just having one autumn and one winter weather jacket, but if you ever needed repairs or something on one you would be SOL.

I once had quite a few top tier custom leather jackets. A couple years ago I decided to move on and sell those that I rarely wore and just hang on to my absolute favorites that fit me exactly as I like a jacket to fit and feel. Now I have one Aero (Battered Tan HH), two Thedis (Tan buffalo and brownish gray buffalo) , and a (Black comp steer) Vanson that I wear often in cooler weather and layer under with lightly insulated vests in cold weather which makes them quite versatile. I just finally realized that I'd actually rather have just a few finely made leather jacket wearers than a money collection draped over closet hangers to feed a crazy leather jacket ogling lust . Now I feel rejuvenated, restored, relaxed, released, in remission, and possibly cured....if I quickly hurry through the latest new jacket photos without idling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points