Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mint royal stratoliner stetson

devil dog

New in Town
hat is tan size on tab says oval
1/8
wide
size 7 1/8
the hat does not have amark on it but it could use a reshaping. there might be a ton of these hats out there but i dont think that 90% are in this good of shape. this hat looks like it hasnt even been worn. if you are interested e-mail me and ask for pics only if you really want it. i got a good idea of what it is worth so no one thinking i am going to sell it for $10. it is in a old hat box that says fifth avenue DOBBS. this is most likley not the box the hat came in but maybe somone will want the box. thanks for looking

joshua

joshua.hicks@smail.rasmussen.edu

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Josh, just an FYI, the Lounge is filled with vintage hat lovers that have a vast knowledge about vintage hats and the values. First off, you must understand that a hat, any hat is worth only what someone is willing to pay. A 7 1/8 is not exactly a rare size, if it were 7 3/8 or larger the prices typically will go higher. To command a premium price, the hat will also need the Stratoliner box as well as the pin. You say the hat is "in this good of shape. this hat looks like it hasnt even been worn". Folks around here need photos to assess the hat and you would be wise to post them sooner rather than later. Lastly making the assumption that someone is going to try and cheat you and basically accusing potential buyers of that, is not good practice.

I hope this helps

devil dog

New in Town
i wasnt trying to acuse anybody of cheating me i was letting the few that try to take advantege of people such as me, that have no idea what things are worth. everbody i have talked to tells me the hat is most likley well worth over 100 i just dont want the people thinking that i dont know what i have got and try to get it for 30 bucks secondly i cant post pics on here cause i dont know how and dont wanna know how to use the url so if you are interrested i will e-mail the pics. why is that bad? i can e-mail the pics to you and you can post them in the classifieds for me.

thanks
joshua

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I am not here to parse words with you, just some friendly advice. You admit that you do not know the value and are basing your thoughts on what someone has told you. A simple search on ebay will give you a more accurate idea as to the value. I took the liberty of doing so for you. This should give you a true reflection as to potential value. Your best bet may be to pay the listing fees and auction it off on ebay, then you will get exactly what the market will bear.
http://clothing.search-completed.ebay.com/stratoliner_Clothing-Shoes-Accessories_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC5QQdfspZ2QQfbdZ1QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQflocZ1QQfposZ76707QQfromZR6QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQfssZ0QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsaaffZafdefaultQQsabfmtsZ0QQsacatZ11450QQsacqyopZgeQQsacurZ0QQsadisZ200QQsaobfmtsZexsifQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZbs

p.s. I have A Stratoliner with pin and box in my size a 7 3/8. I am not looking to acquire your hat, just trying to inform.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Ditto. Regardless of what "everybody" tells you, your hat "is most likley well worth over 100" only if you can find "somebody" to fork over the cash. Apparently, that hasn't happened yet.

Half of sales is the product; the other half is technique. The hat may be spectacular, but your sales pitch needs a bit of work.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
The hat looks nice from what I can tell from the pictures, but the inside diameter only measured 21 1/2 inches.

devil dog

New in Town
i would be more then happy to send pics to someone if they could post them for me. drop me a line and let me know if you would be willing to help me out. i wanna sell it and sorry if i made anybody mad about my way of advertising it. please help. i dont know how to sell it. :D

joshua.hicks@rasmussen.edu

Johnnysan

One Too Many
devil dog said:
i would be more then happy to send pics to someone if they could post them for me. drop me a line and let me know if you would be willing to help me out. i wanna sell it and sorry if i made anybody mad about my way of advertising it. please help. i dont know how to sell it. :D

joshua.hicks@rasmussen.edu

Joshua,

No sweat...we all gotta learn the ropes! Email me the photos and I'll do my best to get them posted for you. ;)

NOTE: Edited out my embedded email address from this post after posting Devil Dog's photos to avoid SPAM.

citRon

A-List Customer
Hey guys- the first day devildog posted to introduce himself, he mentioned he had a hat to sell. He said he didn't know anything about it, it's value, how to post pics, etc...'could someone help me...' several people replied, including me, and provided him our email addresses and offered to post the pics. Several others gave him instructions on photobucket, etc...
I have not recieved a reply from my offer to help him, I woder if anyone else did?
Buyer Beware.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
citRon said:
Hey guys- the first day devildog posted to introduce himself, he mentioned he had a hat to sell. He said he didn't know anything about it, it's value, how to post pics, etc...'could someone help me...' several people replied, including me, and provided him our email addresses and offered to post the pics. Several others gave him instructions on photobucket, etc...
I have not recieved a reply from my offer to help him, I woder if anyone else did?
Buyer Beware.

I concur... [huh]

devil dog

New in Town
here are the pics i am asking for reasonable offer plus shipping.

joshua.hicks@smail.rasmussen.edu

please contact me with any questions or request for diffrent pictures.

thanks goes to johhny for helping me out

thanks bro

and if you think i am scamming you please dont i am just knew to this and tried to reply to everyone that contacted me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy