Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miss Vintage, interesting site

Naama

Practically Family
Hello Ladys!
Yesterday I found this site I don't know if someone already mentioned this site somewhere on the board, but I just thought it might be interesting, especially for all the Marilyn Monroe fans out there, since she describes the way how Marilyn did her makeup pretty good!

Naama

Liz

This site is one of my favorites too -- I think I mentioned it on this board, but I can't remember for sure! April, the girl who runs it, is one of the nicest people I've ever talked to online. I know she has several other sites themed around the different decades of the 20th century on the way -- I can't wait!

Liz

I just visited Miss-Vintage and saw that there's a new section full of '40s beauty articles here. I think I could be there all night reading them!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I love the photo of Marilyn's make-up box. The lipsticks in the second 'shelf' are kind of similar to the Besame ones - same shape and size from what I can tell.

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow, that is a fabulous site. I also saved it to my favorites. Reading her descriptions of the eras made me wonder what era everyone would of fit and/or body would fit anyway.
Since I am petite and not very curvy (like the 1950s) and since I adore cloche hats I would think I would of fit more in the 20s. Would have to work on racoon eyes though. lol
I have alot of old magazines and love to look at the marvelous fashions.

Sunny

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
Wow, that is a fabulous site. I also saved it to my favorites. Reading her descriptions of the eras made me wonder what era everyone would of fit and/or body would fit anyway.
Since I am petite and not very curvy (like the 1950s) and since I adore cloche hats I would think I would of fit more in the 20s. Would have to work on racoon eyes though. lol
I have alot of old magazines and love to look at the marvelous fashions.
Howdy from a fellow Texan! Try this article for the low-down on what figures fit best into what vintage styles:

http://www.dressaday.com/2006/11/are-you-ruler-or-apple.html

It's fascinating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart