Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom "Randall" Review

WLemon

New in Town
Hello all,

It has been a long time. I hope all is well. When I joined a few months ago, I had every intention of posting all the time, and then I took a new job. Now that I've had time to settle in, I thought I'd try to become a bit more active. Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures of my new "project." Worn it every day since I've gotten it. The one day I didn't wear it, I set it out to "tan." Somehow it fell down on my gravel, got wet, then developed these nasty little marks in the leather. With wear, they faded slightly to the point where you cannot notice them. The only reason I mention this is that it changed my perspective on the jacket. If I had the nasty marks in the leather, why not wear it hard? Well, now it's blue from my jeans in places, black from working on things around the house, and I think there's even some ice cream from my kids. Okay, okay. That's from me, too.

You may be wondering about the jacket itself. You might have seen me in my campus jacket. I love that jacket. It's my first choice for "date night" jackets. It is, however, a tad short; it is also a little snug when buttoned. That's more of a "me issue," of course. And all that damn Halloween candy. This is jacket is also a 44 but is much roomier. The published measurements have it a 25 inches p2p, but mine is 24 right on the dot. One of the other cool aspects is the "branding." No, I don't mean the cool little flourishes that Mister Freedom does in their store or when shipping their products, I mean the actual "brand" that was on the horse. On mine, you can see an 8 and a 6. If you've even been intrigued by MF's leathers before, I'd have to say this rivals the campus, perhaps even beats it. Let me know if you'd like to see more pictures in the future. Also, I have gotten this bad boy wet when cleaning up the markings I described above, but I have not but any Pecards on it yet. Trying to wait until it really needs it.

Last thing, I don't know why I wasn't smiling in this picture. I'll go back and photoshop that one.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.14.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.14.00 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 708
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.07 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,036
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.14.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.14.17 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 722
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.36 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 817
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.41.52 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 939

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for sharing man, what a cool jacket! I was actually checking out that very one just the other day on the Mr. Freedom website and thinking that somehow I liked it a lot more than the campus jacket.

Leigh H

Practically Family
Love love this! I have the natural campus but now this is on my list.
Can’t believe how quickly you’ve got it to tan this jacket has only just been released. You must be living in that nice cali weather. Looks great on you! Thanks for sharing.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
thanks for sharing, these jackets really shape up to the wearer real well real fast. how are the cuffs to you? it seems to be wider like with the Lee storm rider

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Looks great!.. I like the evo you have so far.
I was able to buy a natural campus in October, happy they now make a size 46. mine is coming along about the same as yours..smudge marks, indigo stains, water marks.. no ice cream but coffee.

Im tempted by the "Ringo" the black version of this one/ should be available soon

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great evo, congrats and welcome, hope you post more evolution pics of it, even when new stain can be eye piercing overtime they will blend in and create unique patina, same with scratches new one look rough but after sometime they would heal and show just enough character in the leather, I haven't arrived at these level on my natural jacket, but I see these on my wallet and wristbands and hoping one day the jacket too will follow.
honestly the mid orange tan you're at now is the tone I want to fast forward into 1 or 2 steps darker. so good for you to be able to hold back conditioning, I hope you are rewarded with more natural looking tan, than the most of us who use obenauf or other to "cheat" through it (me included)

jchance

One of the Regulars
OP, could you post any more recent evo pics?

I went to try on Mister Freedom’s Randall today. I really dig the snap button front. Size 36 is a tad small on the shoulder, I could barely button the top button (which would be very snuck). If I were to buy it, I would prob have to wear it without the very top buttoned up. Would the shoulder stretch out eventually to accommodate?

Just checking, is this a good fit? I have only owned one vintage oversized leather jacket so idk. Is this jacket’s length too short on me?

Attachments

• IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4740.jpeg
    IMG_4740.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

konadog

Practically Family
Did you try a size 38? I don't think it looks bad on you, but if it's tight in the chest and underarms and limits your movement I would size up or find another style.

That being said, you live in Los Angeles and will have few reasons to ever button the top button here. When I had my Stallion jacket I never buttoned the top button and I liked the fit...

1704033230963.png

jchance

One of the Regulars
Did you try a size 38? I don't think it looks bad on you, but if it's tight in the chest and underarms and limits your movement I would size up or find another style.

That being said, you live in Los Angeles and will have few reasons to ever button the top button here. When I had my Stallion jacket I never buttoned the top button and I liked the fit...

View attachment 575649

I did, but I think the 38 was a tad loose. It didn’t give off that fitted look I was going for. And the arm length on the 38 was too long for me for some reasons.

The 36 isn’t tight in the chest or arm, nor does it limit my movement. I tried moving my arms around, including raising my arms and it was fine. My concern was with not being unable to button the very top button due to the small shoulder. The short length is another one of my concerns (maybe it isn’t objectively short for my height 5’ 8.5” but I’m just not used to the look). Last concern is whether the jacket would shrink when it gets wet in the rain or get suntanned (does it shrink overtime or would it stretch out in the shoulder and chest like I’ve read about with cowhide leather jackets?).

I agree with you re not needing to button the top button. I’ve almost never seen the top button of any Cossack leather jackets buttoned, except once and it looks pretty funny. See provided pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ